Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried this at Essen Spiel 2015 and really liked it.

I desperately would want them to include cards for us gamers to use as selection tools instead of pointing though, since playing with 'gamery'-people will quickly devolve into a 'Hey, you changed your pointing!!' shoutfests.

If I buy this I will most definitely make cards (one set per player) with numbers for each mushroom and each of the players colors.
On your turn you select the card and hold it face down until all have selected and you turn face up to 'emulate' the pointing.

I'm not saying this variant is the only variant that should be played, pointing will work for most groups, but it would be so nice if these kinds of cards also was included!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Stinson
msg tools
I definitely like this idea.

I like the idea of peering over your hand of cards and looking at your opponents and thinking, what will they choose? What should I choose? Then selecting your card to place in front of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Power Wong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use this way:
"Who is not ready? All put up your finger" If everyone puts up his finger, I will say "1, 2, 3" then everyone will point to their targets.

You can disqualify anyone who tried to change their mind or moved their finger slowly after others but I have not met this problem yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like with most groups you can just trust everyone not to cheat. You should know your selection before the count.

But if that isn't sufficient, number the mushrooms. (Don't write on them, just put some indicator next to them.) Everyone closes their eyes and holds up a number of fingers equal to the shroom they want or points at a player. Then count and everyone opens their eyes to see their opponents' selections.

We did this with four players. It was fairly simple and added a fun bit of anticipation to the game. With more players maybe it could be hard to accurately point at a player blindly, but that could be part of the fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.