Sergeants Miniatures Game: Day of Days» Forums » General

Subject: Tactics Expansion modules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jerry k

Knoxville
Tennessee
msg tools
I have the US Para. Battle Patrol Expansion. It is based on the Thomson/Rifle team.

Are the US Infiltrator Tactics expansion and the US Glider Assault Expansion boards based on any particular weapons team/set?

Jerry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've examined, all three modules feature a variation on the standard squad (LMG/BAR base, mostly rifles, and Thompson SMGs) with each team size a little different between modules. The biggest difference is in the cards.

Battle Patrol seems to be pretty much your standard squad, with the rifle grenadier equipment card. It has a relatively balanced mixed of actions.

Infiltration has no equipment cards and a large number of Move and Hide/Take Cover actions as you might expect from an infiltrating unit.

Glider Assault is the heavy hitting module with a large number of Move and Shoot actions, two incendiary cards, and a card enabling the LMG some additional fire.

We can get into more of the details of the card sets if you want to. I'd say, if you can, get the other modules. Just having the ability to perform up to five actions (on some cards) per phase for the entire TEAM can be devastating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.