Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two months ago my family and I moved back to NZ, having spent the last six years living, working and having babies in London.

So far it's been a blur of trying to find a house, getting our eldest child into kindy, and adjusting to new jobs, but hopefully there will soon be time to play board games!

So far I've discovered Caffeinated Dragon (just downstairs from work) and Cerberus Games (a short walk away), and have signed up for Mini Wellycon. Is there any other wonderful opportunities I've overlooked?

Having really enjoyed and benefitted from the Playtest meetup in London, I'm especially keen to get involved with any board game designer groups back here. Do such things exist?

Many thanks for any info people can share!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've signed up to the Wellington on Board Meet-Up (which it sounds like you have) then you're in the right spot to keep up to date with a lot of the various gaming events in the region.

As far as game design side of things, Shem Phillips (Designer of the North Seas Viking trilogy) will be running an event at Mini Wellycon you should have a chat with him about if there are local design groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Taylor
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: game design shindigs, Martin Wallace has run a couple in the last couple of years. I'm not sure if he's planning more, but there's no harm in contacting him even if it's just to network.

Re: stores in Wellington, this might help.

And re: returning to New Zealand...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Grange
New Zealand
New Plymouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's at least one regular board game design meetup in Auckland if you're ever in the area...

Also Martin Wallace is usually at BGBTB - next one is November...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back. See you at the mini-con
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was great meeting you over the weekend Andrew. Definitely keen to meet up for some playtesting sessions. I'm sure Matthew Thredgold would be keen too. Might have to look at setting up a regular playtesting event in the new year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Durham
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhh, the good ole days of day-long playtest sessions on the Kapiti coast.

Any intention to make it up for Boardgames By the Bay in Auckland later in November?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, then someone had to up and move to Auckland! We will be up in November. Can't wait for that!

captainamazo wrote:
Ahhhh, the good ole days of day-long playtest sessions on the Kapiti coast.

Any intention to make it up for Boardgames By the Bay in Auckland later in November?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.