13 Posts

Coup: Rebellion G54» Forums » General

Subject: Where is all the info? Videos, reviews, ect. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Some Guy
United States
flag msg tools
I didn't find out about this game until after the kickstarter was over, but from what I have seen, the people who did get kickstarter versions already have them. The game is coming out "officially" on the 14th from what website preorders say.

But what I want to know is why is it impossible to find any hard, solid, info about it? I know there is a thread or two where people explain the new roles, I mean where are the videos of people showing all the new cards, explaining roles in depth, unboxings, all the stuff that is fun to watch when you are excited about a new game? The most I have seen is like one 30-second vid from GenCon and two or three photos of the box insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
The game's been out for a long time. The people most excited for it have had it for almost a year already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
The game's been out for a long time. The people most excited for it have had it for almost a year already.

Haha yeah now they'll be talking about Coup: Rebellion G54 – Anarchy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. See my lament on that topic

Although honestly even after Anarchy comes out I might opt to play the IB&C version instead simply because the box for it is so much nicer and everything is easier to store and tear down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikki Tahta
United States
new york
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Asmor wrote:
Yep. See my lament on that topic

Although honestly even after Anarchy comes out I might opt to play the IB&C version instead simply because the box for it is so much nicer and everything is easier to store and tear down.

yeah great box and lovely quality cards

that's the difference between a really good professional publisher and mum and pop outfit (well a son and pop and cousin and brother-in-law and godson outfit)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both Melee versions, La Mame and IB&C. The La Mame did a lot right, the IB&C improved on it, but that is a later issued product. So it is improvement versus initial innovation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
United States
flag msg tools
Still, I would have assumed that there would be people out there talking about the IB&C version. Maybe people like me who are late to the party, or people comparing the two versions. Just seemed odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, IB&C does not need much help selling games, so previews come and go. Coup was an approachable game for many. This kind of has a pedigree that you should be familiar with, and fluent, with Coup. Then it ups the ante.

It reminds me of how there is a dirth of War games that reference other games. Noone talks about them mucn either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shuko wrote:
Still, I would have assumed that there would be people out there talking about the IB&C version. Maybe people like me who are late to the party, or people comparing the two versions. Just seemed odd.

Well, it's the same game with different (I would say better, some would argue) art, a different theme, and a vastly superior storage solution.

Also, they spelled my name correctly this time. So that's a big plus for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shuko wrote:

I'm a backer and mine hasn't even shipped yet, so I imagine based on the updates (shipping started around the 7th, with another update yesterday that while a majority has shipped there are more to go). So give it another week or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikki Tahta
United States
new york
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Asmor wrote:

Yes - first time totally my fault (but then my credit double-checking the new version)

Ian came up with the idea for the Customs Officer which is always a favorite on our table so he gets credit on the card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill L
United States
North Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my IB&C KS version of G54 and it's really nice. Box, inserts, cards and components, etc. Well done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
United States
flag msg tools
Rikki wrote:
Asmor wrote:

Yes - first time totally my fault (but then my credit double-checking the new version)

Ian came up with the idea for the Customs Officer which is always a favorite on our table so he gets credit on the card

Ok, Rikki is in my thread, so I'm just going to gush for a moment (everyone, please excuse my fan-boy moment)
Rikki, Since you're here I just wanted to let ya know Coup is probably the most played game on my shelf. I'll bring over Carcassonne or Ticket to Ride or something for game night, and it almost seems like most people just wanna get them out of the way and play Coup for most of the night. Thanks for making such a great game. That's it, fan-boy moment over. Everyone continue as you were.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.