Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not finding what the number on the back of a spent unit means. Is this the strength for combat if attacked? Why am I not finding this in the rules--hopefully it's obvious and I just missed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Stubbs
United States
Gaithersburg
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules with me but I read them yesterday and I don't recall seeing an explanation of the number on the back. However, the player aid card has the description of what various numbers on the counters mean, so check there.

The norm in area-impulse games is for that number to represent strength (firepower in this game) if attacked, so I believe you're correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
That is the units strength on the spent side of the counter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I have the player aid card. I have a rulebook, with on the back of it is kind of a player aid, bit it's turn sequence stuff only. I also have the cover that came in the bag, that has the unit info on the back and identifies the counters and the numbers on the front, but doesn't say anything about what the number means when it's spent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
rmiller1093 wrote:
That is the units strength on the spent side of the counter.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Stubbs
United States
Gaithersburg
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
I'm not sure I have the player aid card. I have a rulebook, with on the back of it is kind of a player aid, bit it's turn sequence stuff only. I also have the cover that came in the bag, that has the unit info on the back and identifies the counters and the numbers on the front, but doesn't say anything about what the number means when it's spent.

The unit information on the back of the cover is what I meant when I said player aid card, sorry. I wasn't sure if it had anything about the number on the spent side.

All sorted out now anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
All good.

Man, that makes moving really dangerous. Really gotta think about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
A good way to move the MJ is to move one group while another fresh group is adjacent to the area just entered. That way if the DRA/Soviets attack the spent units they will then be spent themselves next to fresh MJ units who can then raid them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.