Subject: Hold back the Darkness even during combat? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance Richardson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's it. Do you roll to hold back the darkness during combat? It seems a bit over-the-top based on my first play-thru of the tutorial adventure. About to get me arse handed to me if I have to roll for darkness during combat. Major fail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arrrrr'lex
Germany
Geestland
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Hold Back the Darkness-roll is made every round. Where it really gets nasty is during the "boss fight" as even there you still have to do the HBtD.

Edit: Rulebook p.10 "At the start of each turn, the Hero with the Old Lantern must roll the Hold Back the Darkness test."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Richardson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I assumed was meant, but was hoping otherwise.
I just lost the game with only 2 tentacles left on the board. Some of the dice rolls were very exciting. Not sure if these XP are supposed to carry forward since they were gained during the tutorial. Even this beginner scenario was quite an amazing experience. I just did don't know how to proceed. I gained a Sh** load of XP and would hate to see it go to waste, but if that's that's way it goes, it is what it is.
I freakin love this game and look forward to the next adventure, which I'll be playing solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arrrrr'lex
Germany
Geestland
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your Hero survived, you can of course keep him (or her) after the "Tutorial" as it is a normal Mission with a simple goal.

And yes, the game is awesome! Can't wait for the next play of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.