Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Pottage
United Kingdom
Nr Wakefield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
Does anyone know if the new edition includes any of the cards from the Spanish, Czech or two Polish expansions? They offered quite a bit of variety to the Wonders and Leaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not, but they haven't ruled out such additions in future expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pottage
United Kingdom
Nr Wakefield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
Disappointing, but thank-you for replying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
There are reasons for this, Vlaada discussed it somewhere, I cant remember.

So much time was needed in development and balancing of just the core leaders and wonders, if we had included any of the expansions, the game would not have been ready in time. But yes, not ruled out in future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Were there ever different "nation" expansions? Now that we have a new edition I would love to see different starting player boards for different nations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Your nation becomes different once you start taking cards. Other games do this, but it's not been done in TTA. Not sure it would work, but maybe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Nope. Your nation becomes different once you start taking cards. Other games do this, but it's not been done in TTA. Not sure it would work, but maybe.

I feel like part of what makes TTA so wonderful is how quickly and meaningfully nations become asymmetric just by playing the game.

Nations don't feel vanilla and samey after like turn 3. They feel like the nation that built the Colossus under the leadership of Hammurabi very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.