Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » General

Subject: Again with the standees? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ewert Bellingan
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Various discussions on the forum seem to confirm that characters in the base/retail box will have standees with the ks exclusive minis in addition to that. What has not been so clear is if the ks exclusive characters will also come with standees accompanied with their minis? If not, will there be a stretch goal to add standees for them as well?

Also, will the "Devourers" add-on be having standees alongside the minis? Seems like it might be 'unfair' when playing with cardboard standee characters while plastic rock worms are running around...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ewertb wrote:
Also, will the "Devourers" add-on be having standees alongside the minis? Seems like it might be 'unfair' when playing with cardboard standee characters while plastic rock worms are running around...


Only if the combat resolution involves throwing the rock worms at the standees
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds like a classic rock-paper-scissors (-plastic) kind of combat
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewert Bellingan
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmb
asgorn wrote:
sounds like a classic rock-paper-scissors (-plastic) kind of combat

Nah, in that game paper beats rock so maybe these rock worms aren't as tough as they are made out to be... Wonder if there are perhaps some scissors among the idea cards?

From https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1444777/standees-vs-minis-e...
WhelpSlayer wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
WhelpSlayer wrote:
Incase people were unaware, BOTH of them will be present in the KS pledge.

"Variety is the spice of life."


Oh excellent, so all characters will have color standees?


In the base box. The Ks exclusives ones won't have standees.

Still hoping for a standee stretch goal for these ks exclusive characters though?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No standees for all makes me sad inside.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adriaan van Wyk
South Africa
Secunda
Mpumalanga
flag msg tools
mbmb
AnimalMkIV wrote:
I, too would prefer to have all standees with the minis being either an add-on or a stretch goal extra.

I didn't back it, but I was impressed with Gloomhaven for offering the choice. I did back Secrets of the Lost Tomb which had standees in the base sets with packs of minis as extras.

I don't like seeing a board full of grey plastic and I really hate painting so for me, good quality standees are a much better option.

Obviously, I realise this puts me in a minority and as this project stands the minis are already set in the stretch goals but for the new stuff being brought in there really should be both options available to avoid the issue of having to play with a mix of styles.


Couldn't agree more.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan McGuire
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Ack!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From the latest update:

Quote:
Due to popular demand, we’ll also be supplying standees for the KS exclusive characters!


Boom.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewert Bellingan
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm so happy with the next stretch goal! Even though I can't draw for the life of me...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan McGuire
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Ack!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ewertb wrote:
I'm so happy with the next stretch goal! Even though I can't draw for the life of me...


Yeah, I think it is a fun "take it" or "leave it" SG. Since it is free, I'm choosing to take it.

BTW, the subject of mini's versus standees comes up a lot on game forums that are KS'ed because there seems to be this notion that a KS must include minis. The problem is that minis almost always mean delays in shipping, so naturally it has people wondering if the trade-off is even worth it. Anyway, I think this would be a good debate to start in the general forum as I'm sure a lot of people have their strong opinion one way or the other on the subject (including myself).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewert Bellingan
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sculder_8P wrote:
ewertb wrote:
I'm so happy with the next stretch goal! Even though I can't draw for the life of me...


Yeah, I think it is a fun "take it" or "leave it" SG. Since it is free, I'm choosing to take it.

BTW, the subject of mini's versus standees comes up a lot on game forums that are KS'ed because there seems to be this notion that a KS must include minis. The problem is that minis almost always mean delays in shipping, so naturally it has people wondering if the trade-off is even worth it. Anyway, I think this would be a good debate to start in the general forum as I'm sure a lot of people have their strong opinion one way or the other on the subject (including myself).

Just search for it, this debate has been raging the 7C forum for a while already...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.