Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a no-shipping math trade held at Euroquest in Pikesville, Maryland, on Saturday November 7, 2015.

The thread you are reading is for discussion of the math trade, including complete rules. Please subscribe to this thread so you can be notified of any changes that may occur. I put the rules in this discussion thread instead of the main trade list because they are not repeated on each page (as they would be with a geeklist), making the geeklist more streamlined to browse.

Follow this link to post your own games that you might want to trade.
Follow this link to request games from others in the trade.
Discuss and ask questions about this trade here. The full rules are also here.
Follow this link to get details about the trade at the convention.

Timeline (all times Eastern Time):

Open for posting games: Now
Deadline for posting games: Monday, October 26, 10:00 pm Eastern
Deadline for want list submissions: Monday, November 2, 10:00 pm Eastern
Results will be posted shortly thereafter.

The actual trade will take place at the convention. If you or your proxy are not present and you do not make other arrangements, you will be responsible for all shipping costs to send and receive the games you traded. You will drop off your games on Saturday at the Canton Games vendor booth any time before 2pm. You will pick up your games at the same location any time after 2pm on Saturday. If you cannot be there on Saturday please make other arrangements with your trading partners.

Rules:

1. You must subscribe to this thread to be informed of changes.

2. The Online Want List Generator (OLWLG) will be used for this trade since it reduces errors and makes generating want lists so much easier. However I will also accept manual submissions by geekmail if you cannot use the OLWLG. One of the benefits of using the OLWLG is that it makes adding games from your BGG "Trade List" very easy. I am available to answer questions and there are guides on how to use it here on the geek. Please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support.

3. Board games, Video Games, RPG items, and geek gold are allowed. Gift certificates are allowed for vendors at the convention. Use the game item "Outside the Scope of BGG" for geekgold or gift certificates, and include an alternate title such as "+altname+250 geek gold-altname-" or "+altname+$50 gift certificate-altname-" in the description. These special tags make it easier to handle in the OLWLG.

3a. If you choose to receive gift certificates or gift cards, you will need to pay 3% of the value to BoardGameGeek as their commission. After the trade is done, create a marketplace listing with "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" for the amount of the gift card, and then have the sender buy it. Gift cards from local vendors are acceptable in this trade.

4. Please describe your items as fully as possible, including publisher, edition, language, completeness and condition of the game. It is NOT enough to include a picture and say "as pictured," because this does not provide enough information for your fellow traders. Err on the side of too much information. Remember that you want people to pick your items, and the more information they have the more likely they will put your items on their want lists. But don't write a book for each game. Long disclaimers are not pleasant to read either.

5. All items in an offering are to be listed using either the GAMEID formatting (Power Grid) or a link to the game's page (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2651). Do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG. All items in a single geeklist item will trade as a single unit for all items in another geeklist item.

6. In the unlikely case that you've been reported as a bad trader, you should contact me before you participate.

7. It is ok to remove items that are errors or that have been traded away, until the deadline for submitting games has passed. After this deadline, the trade list will be locked and no further changes will be possible. However, you can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've changed your mind or traded it away elsewhere.

8. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. Use of the OLWLG will hopefully reduce any such errors. In the case of problems after the results are posted, they will at most invalidate only the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire result set. In addition if a problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that will be the preferred course of action.

9. Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=74951, ITERATIONS=30, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

If you are new to math trades, check out the following links for a primer on how they work. Feel free to ask specific questions after you have a sense of what they are about. To get started, just add the games that you want to trade as items in this geeklist, one game per item. If you want to offer multiple games as one item (trading it as a bundle) you should add all of the game links to the same geeklist item.

These two cover the same material, but in different learning styles:
The Math Trade wiki page
Math Trades for Dummies

If you need to learn about the online want list generator (OLWLG):
The OLWLG wiki page
Chris' geeklist on How to use Duplicate Protection with the OLWLG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The math trade should be up in the OLWLG in a day or two. In the meantime, you can use this link to start adding games from your collection or previous trades:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/addmygames.cgi?listid=1981...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willson
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! thanks for running the math trade Eric!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the work Eric.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if you are aware Eric but there was a change in the rules for gift cards in the US shipping trade that just happened.

Re: Leaves Changed We Traded Leftovers 2015 US-only Shipping Math Trade (DISCUSSION)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willson
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
esok wrote:
3. Board games, Video Games, RPG items, and geek gold are allowed. Gift certificates are allowed for vendors at the convention. Use the game item "Outside the Scope of BGG" for geekgold or gift certificates, and include an alternate title such as "+altname+250 geek gold-altname-" or "+altname+$50 gift certificate-altname-" in the description. These special tags make it easier to handle in the OLWLG.
Would Gift Certificates from a local FLGS be acceptable? I have some store credit at Labyrinth Games in DC I'd like to offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers conventions
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an extensive inventory in my BGG Marketplace. I'll be happy to add any of them to the trade list if anyone expresses interest, but itemizing 500+ often obscure games would be tedious for me and annoying to most traders. Feel free to check my list. Here's the link to the nearly correct inventory:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/user/Eric%20Engelmann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willson
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric E., add them all... do it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynn
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Engelmann wrote:
I have an extensive inventory in my BGG Marketplace. I'll be happy to add any of them to the trade list if anyone expresses interest, but itemizing 500+ often obscure games would be tedious for me and annoying to most traders. Feel free to check my list. Here's the link to the nearly correct inventory:

How about Key Harvest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if I will be going to Euroquest, but I have a lot of great games for trade. Feel free to check my For Trade list.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/nighthawk326?t...

I hope there will be some cool games/stuff in this Math Trade to motivate me to attend and do some trading. I'm looking for miniature games (preferably with painted figures).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Engelmann wrote:

Dixit: Odyssey (if it's the big box version) please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Johnson
United States
New Market
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
History, Maps, Dice, Miniatures and Cards = Good Times
mbmbmbmbmb
How does one select games one is interested in getting? I am new to math trades. I was able to get my games I would like to trade posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red22jlj wrote:
How does one select games one is interested in getting? I am new to math trades. I was able to get my games I would like to trade posted.
In the first post there are some links guides and wikis on how to do things. But essentially you will find the Euroquest trade on the Online Want List Generator (OLWLG) and from there you will browse the list of games in the trade and select what games you would trade for what. However, that part will be later as the list of games on the geeklist here has to be synced up to that tool before you are able to do that.

In the mean time you can go to http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/ and get your login and everything squared away and get your collection synced up to the site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
burke4865 wrote:
Don't know if you are aware Eric but there was a change in the rules for gift cards in the US shipping trade that just happened.

Re: Leaves Changed We Traded Leftovers 2015 US-only Shipping Math Trade (DISCUSSION)
Thanks for the notice. I was not aware of that. I don't think it's going to be much of an issue for us since I don't think anyone has even offered gift cards in the past in one of my trades, much less actually received them.

But it makes sense to me to have the seller of gift cards (those who offer them) to pay the 3% BGG commission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Engelmann wrote:

Here are some I'd be interested in:

Concordia: Brittania and Germania
Lancaster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm ok with you adding gift certificates for a local store. But you should pay the 3% commission to BGG on the balance, per the recent ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willson
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
esok wrote:
burke4865 wrote:

Thanks for the notice. I was not aware of that. I don't think it's going to be much of an issue for us since I don't think anyone has even offered gift cards in the past in one of my trades, much less actually received them.

But it makes sense to me to have the seller of gift cards (those who offer them) to pay the 3% BGG commission.
To be clear Eric, that's the opposite of what was described in the linked comment. According to hestiansun, citing Octavian, the recipient of a gift card would be responsible to compensate BGG the 3% commission.

That follows the logic that the person receiving the gift card is the party selling the game they offered into the math-trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryhesling wrote:
esok wrote:
burke4865 wrote:

To be clear Eric, that's the opposite of what was described in the linked comment. According to hestiansun, citing Octavian, the recipient of a gift card would be responsible to compensate BGG the 3% commission.

That follows the logic that the person receiving the gift card is the party selling the game they offered into the math-trade.
Yep, here is the second quote form Octavian explaining the process.

Easiest thing to do is for the person receiving the GC/cash to create a Market listing (Miscellaneous Game Accessory is a good default option) and the person sending the GC/cash buys it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Okay then that's what we'll do. I should revise the rules to reflect that.

Everyone: Please read the added rule 3a above that explains this policy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two hours left to add games to the trade! Remember for those new to trading that everything listed in one geeklist item will trade together as a single unit. If you list games in more than one geeklist item then that means you have more than one of those items.

Good luck, everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Want submissions are open. I have left comments open so you should be able to continue to add comments to items, though not edit the original items. Remember to submit by next Monday at 10pm. You can submit as many times as you like and only the last submission will be remembered. Good luck trading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Johnson
United States
New Market
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
History, Maps, Dice, Miniatures and Cards = Good Times
mbmbmbmbmb
When I select the game(s) I am interested in can I use the games I am trading multiple times? I assume not every trade will be accepted. I am looking at a couple of games. Any help would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red22jlj wrote:
When I select the game(s) I am interested in can I use the games I am trading multiple times? I assume not every trade will be accepted. I am looking at a couple of games. Any help would be appreciated.
You are basically creating a list of games you are willing to trade your games for so you will have multiple choices for what you would trade for a single game. Essentially you are saying, I would be happy to trade game A, for game C, or Game E, or Game F, and so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a question by geekmail and I'm posting it here in case it helps someone else.

Red22jlj wrote:
Erik
I am confused about how I can add wanted games to the Euro Quest Math Trade. When I hit the step four button it lists the games I am trying to trade away. How do I select the games I am interested in?
So you look in step 3, at all the games being offered by everyone. On the left of each item there will be a box to add the item to your list. You can also enable one-click adding where it will add things to your wish list and you can decide later which things you are willing to trade for it.
To enable one-click, visit the page:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/profile.cgi?listid=

And check the box "enable 1-click add". I also recommend looking at the other options and enabling the ones that interest you.

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
burke4865 wrote:
Red22jlj wrote:
You are basically creating a list of games you are willing to trade your games for so you will have multiple choices for what you would trade for a single game. Essentially you are saying, I would be happy to trade game A, for game C, or Game E, or Game F, and so on.
This is correct. You may request a trade with each of your items for as many items as you are willing to trade for, but each item will only trade at most once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |