Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Patterson
Germany
Griesheim
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

One of our club members brought this game along and I enjoyed some two-player games against her. She told me the witch's power was supposed to be quite powerful when used at the right time, but she'd never managed to work out what the right time was. The few times I had the witch, I also couldn't see how to utilise the power of playing two cards per turn without drawing any new ones. I guess it must depend upon having the right combination of cards, because I managed to pick up a few extra points but then was at a big disadvantage of having zero cards against my opponent's hand of 5 or more. Has anybody been able to make use of the witch's power effectively?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not used it effectively yet myself, but the game ends when a player has no cards left in their hand and the deck - you could/ should? use the witch to dump cards for an endgame I think...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dV Giochi
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I'm not doing any complicated speech here,
just wanted to say that the best time to play the Witch is probably when you already have a certain number of cards in your hand (6 or more) and at least the 66% of the deck cards have been already drawn.
Once you have played all your cards in hand, could be useful to play an item you took, that now allows you to quickly draw a pair of cards instead of playing with only one card at time (until you draw something that allows you to draw more).
In my opinion the Witch is the most difficult card to play at the right time, but it's also a very powerful card if you know when to play it.

Hope this can help meeple

Have fun!
Martino Chiacchiera
Junior Editor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of removing the card from my copy. I think the worst thing about it is not getting points from playing it. I think it should've been "overtime, score 1 vp if you have the witch at turn end".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.