Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Janeck Jensen
Denmark
Odense SV
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help but notice that the tokens are thinner than in the other CGE-published Tash-Kalar products.
It doesn't affect the game at all, it just seems like a strange decision after they went through all the trouble with the upgrade pack and started making the newer editions in a heavier cardboard than Z-Man did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Can't comment on the cardboard (I've not punched mine yet) but thought the card images seemed a bit more "loose" and basic. Looks like they've been created a bit quicker than the base game (and 1st expansion) resulting in them looking a bit worse for wear.

Still, I'm sure it plays well but I'm guessing this is a sign of the quality as this game goes forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiz The
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone noticed that the artwork has weird clipping masks on it as well? Like it wasn't processed properly before actually being printed? i'll take photos when I get home but I was pretty disappointed in that.

Gotta check out the cardboard now too. The score track seemed quite flimsy to me when i picked it up but I haven't directly compared to everfrost (for example) yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janeck Jensen
Denmark
Odense SV
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't looked that closely at the art, but here is a picture of a Nethervoid token on top of a (reprinted) base game token for those who might be interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
That's not great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

thank you for reporting this to us. We are currently investigating both issues - thinner cardboard and some graphical glitches on cards - with our production company.

Once we know more, we will reply to this thread. For now please accept our apologies that your game is not perfect, we will do all we can do fix this issue as soon as possible.

Regards

Filip
CGE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman S.
United States
South San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Filip,

Would this affect the US release of the game as well or would it be fixed before then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Spiff wrote:
Hi Filip,

Would this affect the US release of the game as well or would it be fixed before then?

Hi Norman.

All games produced post Essen won't be affected by this.

If I should take a wild guess, something happened during the Essen rush. Pretty much all production companies are pushing their limits during that period which can occasionally lead to unfortunate QA problems. The scale of this issue is being investigated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lot
United States
Paradise Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do we know which version we will get when ordering? It's a small nag but now that it's been pointed out I'm waiting for the matched tokens. I'm sure I'm not the only one put off by this. Mistakes like this are killing a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an Essen copy. Can we get an update? What kind of graphical glitches have been spotted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes so it took a bit longer because our factory is currently under heavy load but we got some more information. Basically it goes toward 2 problems:

1. Thinner cardboard - that was caused by the cardboard supplier. Apparently one palette of cardstock was wrongly marked by the manufacturer, nobody spotted anything in the rush. Luckily it didn't affect many games.

2. Graphical glitches - we're still unsure about this but it goes back directly to our production company as they were experimenting with new version of program responsible for adapting files to print. Only one print batch was affected though. But it also affected part of Galaxy Trucker: Mission cards. We're talking about small frames of lighter colour on some cards. In the day time it's clearly visible on the first sight. So if you haven't spotted anything in your copy right away, than it's most likely OK.

Anyway those are rather not important technical issues, the real message to everybody is that not all copies were affected. And those who have their games with these issues will be sent replacement parts. We've prepared an online form to fill:

https://docs.google.com/a/czechgames.com/forms/d/1uZ1yHF1CaQ...

Once more I'd like to apologise in behalf of the whole company for this. Less rush next time to prevent all this!

Filip
CGE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janeck Jensen
Denmark
Odense SV
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is excellent service! I have to say that CGE really knows how to handle these kinds of problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
I've examined my cards... yeah, it's definitely there. Here's what it's look like, for reference:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea when the replacements might be sent out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
So here's funny thing. I've never heard from CGE or Filip directly, but I've received a package from CGE today. And, you've guessed it, fixed components for this expansion. Long story short, everything is proper thickness now, matching previous components. I've included a comparison photo with previous cards (previous: above, new: below), although the flaws of previous cards are not super visible on that pic (compare to what I've posted above). New cards are flawless.

And oh, I've received a promo, too :) Thanks, CGE! That's what I call a proper customer support!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.