Popular Tags: [View All]
Fridjof B
Norway
Tranby
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a game yesterday with the daysides of the hotel boards, and one player got confused in her planning of three red rooms in a row on her bottom right. The middle one is yellow, but with red wallpaper, and the rightmost one is red with yellow wallpaper. Or is it the other way around?

I suspect the room in the middle of the three is yellow and the rightmost red: Then there will be 1 group of 4 rooms and 4 groups of 1 room on each board.

(Regards the Mayfair/Lookout 2015 English ed. and only one of the boards)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The door color is correct, the wallpaper is off. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoann
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greetingsfrombergen wrote:
We played a game yesterday with the daysides of the hotel boards, and one player got confused in her planning of three red rooms in a row on her bottom right. The middle one is yellow, but with red wallpaper, and the rightmost one is red with yellow wallpaper. Or is it the other way around?

I suspect the room in the middle of the three is yellow and the rightmost red: Then there will be 1 group of 4 rooms and 4 groups of 1 room on each board.

(Regards the Mayfair/Lookout 2015 English ed. and only one of the boards)

I have the same issue with Lookout version
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Yeung
United States
Paradise Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anychance we can get a replacement board for free?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
francie berger
United States
ellington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm guessing no one has heard back on the possibility of getting a mew board? Perhaps just a sticker to correct tis? Otherwise this is my favorite new game of the past few months!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this is just my copy but two of my round B and all of my round C Emperor tiles are misprinted with the letter on the back being upside down. It's a complete non-issue as far as gameplay is concerned, but wondered if anyone else had this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandmanx82 wrote:
Not sure if this is just my copy but two of my round B and all of my round C Emperor tiles are misprinted with the letter on the back being upside down. It's a complete non-issue as far as gameplay is concerned, but wondered if anyone else had this issue.

Just got my copy, and not surprisingly it's the same as yours (I'd be amazed if everyone's weren't the same). As you say, it makes no difference - unlike the wallpaper thing. I'm going to have to think about how best to deal with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got GAH a few days ago. What a crazy game! So many choices and things to think about... This is my kind of game! I havent seen the misprinted room colour yet, but if the colour of the door is correct is it really that noticable? Personally when im looking at the groups im looking at colours of doors.

I also noticed that the letters on the reverse of the tiles were upside down. I thougbt there was a mechanical reason for this but judging by what was said above this is a minor msprint.

These kinds of misprints dont bother me if it doesnt affect the game, but this was a very expensive game (just under $80 before taxes in my local stores). I dont understand why its so much because its just cardboard and cubes! If im paying that much i would like the game NOT to be misprinted. I think thats reasonable.

Aside from that this game is excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandmanx82 wrote:

Yup, same here. Not a gameplay issue, but I did notice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Bigler
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game at GenCon 2017 and my boards and Emperor tiles are fine. I guess they have now fixed these issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.