Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this image:

I'm new to Caylus and have yet to play a single game. But the other night I spent a couple of hours setting the game up and running through a few turns of a simulated 3-player game on my own in order to learn it.

I don't understand why the first 6 spaces after the bridge are not pink buildings. Is the setup in the image correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been pink buildings at the start of the game. The picture shows the game in one of the last rounds.

The pink buildings have all been replaced during the game by residences (green), and most of them have been replaced again by prestige buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MSV Burns
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The really weird thing about that picture is that only one player has taken advantage of the building favor track...

Wonder who's winnin'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Marqos wrote:
The really weird thing about that picture is that only one player has taken advantage of the building favor track...

Wonder who's winnin'?

That's not so weird - it's a 4 player game. It's so hard to get favours in such a game, and much easier to just get the buildings.

Note that Green and Yellow both have 2 Prestige Buildings, and neither are on the building favour track.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.