Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: Re: Card Game for Kids rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donna McGoff
msg tools
I need to use white on the back and color on the front of the cards. Is there any way I can achieve that without having someone graphically design the cards? I can't find any paper that has white on one side and color on the other. Appreciate any suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would pretty easy just to print in color on one side of the cards, that way you can print in any color you want without finding a particular paper color. If you use a staples / kinkos you shouldn't pay any extra for a full sheet coverage (full ink on the page).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
That paper definitely exists. You're looking for one sided black cardstock, something like this: http://www.cutcardstock.com/collections/black-card-stock/pro...

I've seen one sided color paper in Staples, but I don't think they have black as an option.

EDIT: Misread! But think I still answered your question. Some scrapbook/craft paper is one sided as well, but would not work if you are trying to print on the paper (the sizes are off).

Also, local print shops might be able to supply it to you, or point you in the right direction. The UPS Store I used to work at had a local source for specialty paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have heard of people making their own cards from multiple sheets to give them more of a pro feel. So, just use a low weight white card stock for 1 side, and a low weight color card stock for the other side and glue (spray or stick) the 2 together. Combined you want the weight to be up near what you would use if it was only 1 layer of heavy card stock. OR, you could skip the glue entirely and just clear sleeve two sheets together, depending on how much work you want to do and the quality you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I go for a really budget option for pnp cards:

1. Create cards in a spreadsheet
2. Print out on normal paper
3. Cut the cards
4. Sleeve a deck of old playing cards. Even penny sleeves work fine :)
5. Put my thin paper cards in front of the playing card in the sleeve

May not be the most professional-looking, but great for quick mock-ups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Phillips
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sleeving two bits of card is the way to go.

I don't even bother to glue the two sides together, works like a charm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Origami paper is often colored on one side and not the other. It is also very thin, so would need to be sleeved....and may not be easy to get into the sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.