Hide
6 Posts

Agents of SMERSH» Forums » General

Subject: Ocean deck? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Sjöquist
msg tools
My local store lists "Ocean deck" in their "Agents of Smersh" category.
The listing has no links attached to it and when I went there today the guy at the counter could not find it in the basement where he got me the rest of their Smersh stuff. The guy who might know had stepped out for lunch and I could not stay and wait for him.

Does anyone have any info as to what the "Ocean deck" entails? I tried searching the web for info but nothing, nada, zip, zilch. Of course, that doesn't prove anything other than my lack of search skills

Magnus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think it's just a deck in the main game box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 8 Ocean Encounter cards that came with the game. These are used when using the other Encounter cards from the various continents, but you only use any of these Encounter cards if you are not using the book of encounters.

I'm not sure if there were some games that didn't come with the book of encounters, but if one did, then you would use these Encounter cards. Though, they are limited and you'd see them a lot over the course of a few games, whereas the book of encounters has like 1,200+ encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Sjöquist
msg tools
Alright, thank you kindly for spreading a little light on my issue.

Much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Booth
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's very strange, as I'm not aware that the Ocean cards were ever made available separately. A written encounter deck was included as part of the 1st Edition base game, as described above. This deck was omitted from the 2nd edition, but owners of the 2nd edition can buy it (the full deck, not just the Ocean cards) as an add-on from the publisher. Maybe your game store bought some copies of the deck but mislabelled them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Sjöquist
msg tools
Your guess is as good as mine, in fact probably better.
What I can say is that the issue of the "Ocean deck" did arouse quite alot of confusion at the store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.