Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick ChemE
United States
Kalama
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an Essen release correct? For the heritage of the designers, I find it odd about the complete lack of commentary or really anything coming out of he Essen coverage.

There seems to be nobody that played it, picked it up, or has any thoughts on appearance, etc. I saw it on Rahdos coverage of the Press Room, so I know it was there.

Thoughts anyone? I'm curious on about the game, but maybe this lack of commentary is an answer in and of itself. I had some doubts after reading the rules...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Rahdo said that it was on his most anticipated games list. We might see a runthrough fairly soon so we'll be able to judge for ourselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick, I kind of agree with you. It was certainly the game I was most interested hearing about and there was ample hype going into the con. Unfortunately I've heard hardly a peep and have seen a half dozen photos.

The one person I chatted with said they bought it and loved it. Nothing more. I am looking for a little more info myself and hope there is more to come. Mercy!

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It had plenty of hype going in, but I don't think there was anything particularly notable about it. I had to convince myself there was something interesting when I read the rules, but the action selection is pretty dire IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Horabin
United Kingdom
Hounslow
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
Spearmint - A Different Lifetime
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this high on my 'have a bloody good look at' list, I love K&K. I could only find one table of it at the Pegasus stand and stood watching four locals play a couple of turns. Compared to several other games around it didn't sit up and ask me to take it home.. nothing new and not particularly attractive either. I'll wait for some reviews before taking another look at it I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Lack of presence at Essen?! It was at the booths of:

- Eggert Spiele
- Pegasus Spiele
- Stronghold Games

At Stronghold Games booth, we never had the table empty for a second. Constant demos and playing of the game for 4 straight days.

We placed this game in the new Stronghold Games "Great Designer's Series #1".

oh, and we just about sold out all of the games we brought... which was not an insignificant number...

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To follow up what Stephen wrote -- when I was at the Stronghold Games booth on Thursday, there was a 4-player game going on and ~5 more people surrounding the table watching the game being played. So from my admittedly anecdotal 10 minutes, there sure seemed to be a lot of interest there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just expecting to see more than what I have. I've seen a few pictures and mentions on various threads; but I've yet to see any/much regarding game play. I'm still looking for the experiences beyond simple comments like meh, liked it, loved it, fun.

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick ChemE
United States
Kalama
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:

Lack of presence at Essen?! It was at the booths of:

- Eggert Spiele
- Pegasus Spiele
- Stronghold Games

At Stronghold Games booth, we never had the table empty for a second. Constant demos and playing of the game for 4 straight days.

We placed this game in the new Stronghold Games "Great Designer's Series #1".

oh, and we just about sold out all of the games we brought... which was not an insignificant number...

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC

I meant no disrespect.

Perhaps my title had poor word choice. I was not at Essen so certainly don't speak from personal perspective. I merely am wondering about the lack of direct Essen buzz, response, commentary, feedback, reviews, purchase lists, demos, etc.

I would love to hear more and to see the game do well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a visitor I saw the game in so many places that I started wondering how many publishers this game has :)

Regarding the buzz there are at least 2 effects working against the game:

1. The eggertspiele buzz usually goes almost exclusively to the game in the cigar box. This year this was Mombasa which appears in the top 5 of all the relevant SPIEL votings I saw.

2. Pegasus Games (like Queen Games) has a long history of discounting their games at a rate where many gamers I know will just wait and buy their releases for 15-20 EUR next year or for 5-10 EUR the year after that. I will buy Porta Nigra eventually but there in no need to pay 35 EUR now when I still have hundreds of other unplayed games sitting on my shelves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McKane
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think what we are seeing is digestion problems. If you look at pictures of games bought at this Essen, they are huge stacks. I can't imagine the time it would take to open and punch let alone get them to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Dutchies
Netherlands
Goutum
flag msg tools
badge
Don't play enough Games...
mbmbmb
I bought the game and love it, Had to wait 45mins before I could finally play @ stronghold booth and during our play also lots of ppl were watching. for me it's the #1 Essen 2015 game ( with pandemic legacy & 7wonders duel as close runnerups ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.