10 Posts

BattleCON: Fate of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: Fate Secret Fighter - ETA? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dead account
msg tools
badge
So a while back, Brad and co said that the "hidden" character for Fate of Indines hadn't been released yet, and that the code would work "within a month or so." This was roughly in March.

Fate has now entered mass distro, and no version of the code seems to be working. Can Brad or Ithry or JR give us an ETA on the code going live? (Or at least confirm that the code is live, and we haven't managed to find the correct solution yet?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The secret fighter is done. I'll see about getting it up this week and reply back in this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
Ithry wrote:
The secret fighter is done. I'll see about getting it up this week and reply back in this thread.
I cannot wait to see their terrifying visage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Schipper
United States
Prescott Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone new to BattleCON, how does one go about discovering the secret fighter? Also, are secret characters balanced for game play or more like the exclusives that are just for fun?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Auld
United States
Windsor
California
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Typically, the secret fighters have all at least started as PnP, though Anath and Evil Hikaru are both official promos now. Anath you can get at the Level 99 Games online store. Evil Hikaru is a tournament pack promo if I recall correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dead account
msg tools
badge
Vydar wrote:
As someone new to BattleCON, how does one go about discovering the secret fighter? Also, are secret characters balanced for game play or more like the exclusives that are just for fun?

In each box, one of the rule books will have a paragraph of (awkward-looking) story text over a black background. The paragraph always has a secret message that will guide you to an unlock code hidden in the rules.

Input that code at battleconnection.com (the "redeem code" link at the very bottom of the page). This will give you a free print n' play of a secret character.

These characters are not currently tournament-legal, though Brad has said that's more a distribution/availability issue rather than a balance issue. They might become legal at a later time? (As opposed to the "guest promos" and variant costumes, which will never be tournament-legal, to my understanding.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fate secret boss is up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And...after a brief period where battleconnection.com wasn't loading...SECRET CHARACTER UNLOCKED!!!

Well, the other thread pretty much has the code, but if you want it without figuring it out yourself...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
beholdtheultimateweapon

And if you want to know who it unlocks before actually unlocking...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Xal Ezra
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dead account
msg tools
badge
Thank you, Ithry! (Aw, no card front or reference?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karefa Kargbo
United States
McLean
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! (Looks at character) (Starts to cry because he isn't legal.) soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.