Lance Harrop
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Can a local train running through Beccles to a second station in Acle, to Greater Yarmouth, to North Walsham, through Acle to Lowestoft count both minor stations in the Acle hex for revenue?

We ran into this question yesterday and couldn't find the rules on it.

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: oops sorry, I was on the wrong game...

Yes, this appears to be permissible. The rules state that local trains score all stations, including small stations, on the route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how you hit both small stations (dots) with the same train without hitting the same big station 2 times. Typically, running through the same station with the same train is not allowed in 18xx routes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark, I assumed he was misspeaking when he started the route with "through Beccles".

If the route starts at Beccles (WVR) then runs north to Yarmouth it loops around to Lowescroft (sp?) without reusing track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, sorry. Not sure why I didn't see it correctly. In that case, yes definitely count both towns with a local train.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an aside, note that as far as the subsidy is concerned, the double small town hex is only counted once.

Rules 7.8.2 Paragraph 3 wrote:
Each hex is only worth £10 in subsidy to the company regardless of the number of times it is visited by Local trains
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.