Heroes» Forums » Rules

Subject: If a player is eliminated, are their spells cancelled? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the first time today and we played a game of 3. Probably not the best way to play this game but was good to get the rules down and have different situations come up.

One of the situations was that player A cast a permanent spell on player B.

Player A was eliminated so player B was left to fight it out with player C. What happens to the spell that was played by player A onto player B?

The rules say that a spell can only be removed if dispelled so that's how we played it. From other duelling games though, if a player is eliminated, all the cards they control are also removed.

Just wanted to double check. Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Zuchowski
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This info seems to be missing in the rulebook, sorry for that. In such a case, all permanent spells cast by the eliminated player are discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
zucho wrote:
This info seems to be missing in the rulebook, sorry for that. In such a case, all permanent spells cast by the eliminated player are discarded.

I could have wooooooooon!!! crycrycrycry

Haha! No big deal. We looked it up and took it as the rules said: only discarded if dispelled.

From other games it didn't make sense to do this and felt a little counter intuitive (seeing that the entity controlling the spell is eliminated).

Anyway, thanks for clarifying Piotr. The first game was good fun, I will try again as two-player game which seems to be its strong point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.