Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nuno Gonzalez
Portugal
Estoril
PORTUGAL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We had played "Patton first Victory" last night.

Some things feel wrong with the Turn sequence of play.

1. Replacements are received at the end of each player turn.
So the allied replacement phase in the last turn is useless?!

2. Another thing which could be greatly improved is the use of the the Air assets.
Each player at the end of both the combat phases, automatically receives the commited air supports. This feel as a "Non-Brainner".

It would be much more interesting that players weight the commitment (or not) of air assets offensively (during their own attack phase) or defensively during the opponent's attack phase. So each air support would only be used once per turn.

I think this coud be corrected with a mutual Replacement & Airbase phase before the end turn.

I would appreciate any contribution or opinion about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If the Allies need reinforcements in the last turn maybe they already
lost.

2. If both sides have air units in the same area they fight each other, rule 10. So what do you mean by a "non-brainner"?
You seem to contradict your question with your following staetment?
"It would be much more interesting that players weight the commitment (or not) of air assets offensively (during their own attack phase) or defensively during the opponent's attack phase. So each air support would only be used once per turn."

At least that is my quick summary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Gonzalez
Portugal
Estoril
PORTUGAL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Turn sequence_Replacement & Air base and supports
Quote:
If both sides have air units in the same area they fight each other, rule 10. So what do you mean by a "non-brainner"?

I may not have made me understand well.

As expressed in the current rules, the air support used during the player phase is immediately available AGAIN in the opponent phase.

In the proposed version the player must choose between the use of aerial support in attack (during his own phase) OR in Defence (during opponent's phase).
After used the Air support should be rebased and will only be available in the NEXT turn.

If a player use all Air assets during his phase, they are not available to respond to the probable offensive of the enemy. This little tweek in the use of Air support tends to force players to a more parsimonious use of Air resources.

I hope it helped clarify

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Johannsen

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agripa wrote:
2. Another thing which could be greatly improved is the use of the the Air assets.
Each player at the end of both the combat phases, automatically receives the commited air supports. This feel as a "Non-Brainner".

It would be much more interesting that players weight the commitment (or not) of air assets offensively (during their own attack phase) or defensively during the opponent's attack phase. So each air support would only be used once per turn.

I was thinking the same. However, as there is a chance that the air unit will be reduced (a second reduction resulting in the loss of the unit) each time that it is committed, there is maybe something to consider before committing them (especially as the Allied player, as the Axis air units are generally superior). I just wish that the reduced side of the air unit was somehow marked, even if the capabilities aren't reduced (I just have to keep track by the fact that one side of the marker is "dished").

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.