Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Logical Choice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: australia [+] [View All]
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
I have been there a few times but the place has left a bad after taste. I found the staff werent friendly i got completely ignored by them one time, while they were chatting between themselves. The prices are very high, which as you would all know they are high enough in australia anyway. The range is very limited, i havent asked about if they can order things for me due to the overpriced aspect.

What does everyone think of the one and only games shop in canberra?

ps. To stop confusion, i am from canberra but currently in germany. I will be returning some day and hopefully i can meet a few fellow canberran gamers and start a game group. so pm me if your interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone Busuttil
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi James,

I also used to live in Canberra for about 18 months. I moved back to Melbourne about 6 months ago. I found the service to be fine but the prices were steep. This may change now that logical choice is being rebadged as a mind games stor. hopefully this will bring prices into line a little me hopes. I am going to head up to canberra this weekend for cancon.

Cheers Ty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
im planning when i come back to australia to open a games/cd shop in canberra. so watch for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone Busuttil
Australia
flag msg tools
I definitely think there is a niche there but it all depends where you situate the business i think. Logical choice was always well attended but the prices were pretty harsh on your average joe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Swenson
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Now Mind Games, the range is heaps better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Aeek wrote:
Now Mind Games, the range is heaps better.

How are the prices?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Giles
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been living in Canberra for about 3.5 years now and Logical Choice has been my FLGS for that whole time. The prices were pretty steep and from time to time I have done better on ebay or MilSims in Melbourne but the guys there have always been ready to talk about games and have always encourage groups to play in the games room upstairs.

I have to say that now that they have become a mind games franchise the stock levels have quadrupled and the prices are more like what you can get from stores in melbourne or sydney.

They are local and seem to care so I support them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The amazing & fabulous
Australia
Sarina
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheNakedPirate wrote:
I have been living in Canberra for about 3.5 years now and Logical Choice has been my FLGS for that whole time. The prices were pretty steep and from time to time I have done better on ebay or MilSims in Melbourne but the guys there have always been ready to talk about games and have always encourage groups to play in the games room upstairs.

I have to say that now that they have become a mind games franchise the stock levels have quadrupled and the prices are more like what you can get from stores in melbourne or sydney.

They are local and seem to care so I support them.

Hello there BGG'ers!
Just a heads up, I have shifted from Puckapunyal to the A.C.T and have been able to beg my way into a very awesome job at the Canberra Mind Games Store!!! Hazzaaah!I was really impressed with the range of Euros, including hard to get in Australia stuff. We are going to increase the 2nd hand range too.
Soo, if you are in the area, come and say hello to me! I'll be in 5 days a week, at this stage thursday to monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Shebby, time to unpack your calendar cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesdavis wrote:
What does everyone think of the one and only games shop in canberra?

Is that the one in Woden, or in Civic? I haven't been there in years but I remember two games stores. Both were okay if rather "generic".

Then there's Alice's Bookshop in Belconnen - it used to be a mandatory stop to check for an OOP Avalon Hill oldie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Allen
Australia
Ngunnawal, Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're talking about the one in Civic, moved from near the food court in the Canberra Centre to Garema Court. (I'm not sure the one is Woden is still aorund, if so it was much, much smaller).

Stock is much much better now that it is Mind Games and prices are comparable to many FLGS in Australia.

Staff are nice too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.