10 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Buying/Selling Star Trek Attack Wing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raphael Malenfant
msg tools
Hello all,

I've stopped playing a while ago because of time constraints. Now with a baby on the way, I don't see myself playing STAW in the future. I also need to make space for baby stuff.

Is there a better place than ebay to sell my fleet? Where would you recommend I sell it? I would prefer to sell it as a batch, however I do have some OP prizes. Should I detach those?

Thank you so much for you help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shrouded In Mystery
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a market here on BGG, and there yes is always evil bay but you'll make more my splitting it up (perhaps just by faction). The OP ships may be worth selling as singles depending on the ship. If a ship is fetching $30 and up I'd recommend selling it single.

Alternatively, you could attach your ships to strings and make a cool mobile for baby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look for the Star Trek Attack Wing Trading Marketplace on Facebook. Another good avenue to consider (probably where I'd try first).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some retail ships can fetch a good price singly too, the Valdore, Koranak, Koraga, Defiant (fed) and Enterprise E are pretty well impossible to get anywhere new now and command pretty high prices on eBay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've sold a fair amount of odds and ends (Trek/Wars), main thing to consider is the fees you will pay. Also, give clear postage costs/options.

Paypal charge you 3.14% +$0.30/£0.20 per transaction

eBay charges you 10% fees

Sold and bought a lot of stuff through FB to avoid these fees. The attack wing marketplace (US and Europe variants) run a feedback system..

You will get more individually, but it costs TIME and hassle to separate. Maybe focus on the few higher value ones and sell them individually if you don't want to waste too much time.

Let me know what you have, cost, shipping and I MAY be interested, but I did tell myself I wouldn't do it anymore...!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Malenfant
msg tools
Thank you guys for all your help. I have never sold anything online, so I appreciate the help.

By the way, here is a picture of most of my stuff.

I haven't really sorted anything yet, as I don't know if it is worth it to break up stuff and sell separately. I will put a list together tonight so I can move forward with this. I am sorry to see this go, I had fun playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dulsky
United States
Bryn Mawr
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The collection looks small enough that you could probably sell it in a batch sale.

If you have any prize ships those might be worth piecing out for separate sale.

I would expect to take a large hit on the investment, (seems like its a buyers market right now) so you will probably have to down-price a good bit to get buyers interested.

Looks like you have about 27 ships there? Maybe somewhere in the $150-175 range? If you wanted to really move them maybe around $100?

I have seen a lot of delusional people post on this forum saying "This game sucks I quit I am selling everything" Then their collection they prices at $500 (80% of MRSP) sits on the market place for a year.

As others said, piece-wising out your collection will take a long time and effort on your part, but will probably net you marginally more money?

Just my 2cents.

EDIT: What jon said above is also true. There are some old 1st wave expansion ships that are almost impossible to get. There were a few people here last week looking for Valdore's the only pair we could find online were running at about $35.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric W.
msg tools
http://store.401games.ca/catalog/4104296/star-trek-attack-wi...

valdore for $11.95 Canadian. they ship to america i think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I looked over your set and I'd like to know what you'd want for it. I have an idea what I'd like to pay, but I'd like to hear what you think first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Malenfant
msg tools
PM sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.