visit us on www.muwins.ch
This game seems IMPOSSIBLE to win. What are some things that I could be doing wrong?
Not playing it enough...
There are other posts here with hints that could help, but if you play more, you will find them yourself. With 4 or 5 players, the game is really hard, but you WILL get better at it - not winning constantly but at least getting close results constantly (and the occasional win, as it should be).
Spoiler (click to reveal)
In case you still need a little help, we found the following useful:
- make sure that playing a hard knock is worth it. Hard knocks are BAD! The only exception is "wounded", this one is usually ok to play.
- if you DO think it is worth it, play it early in the round, so people know who they should support before they retreat.
- try to play hard knocks in pairs, so you can get rid of both when supported.
- emptying the threat pile (temporary) is huge, because you can then play traps without danger.
- use speeches early. Getting rid of cards has a long lasting effect.
- don't waste lucky charms. Play them only if they help yourself play another card if noone else can.
... and many more...