Subject: Solo playing. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sakari Laiho
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've played this game couple of times solo. Here are how I did it (alpha rules :

- Take as much players you can, the last game I played was 5 players and I was surprised how much fun I had! It's more competitive the more players you add.
- Suffle all agecards. Deal 8 cards to yourself. Other cards are used from pile for AI-enemies.
- Take one mission for every AI-enemy. That's where clan is often headed.
- Take one monster randomly for every AI-enemy clan. They don't pay any rage for it.

Then you play first and can use firstplayermarker to determine whos turn is going. Throw a D6-dice to determine what AI-enemy is doing.

1-2 = Pillage
3-4 = Invade
5-6 = Upgrade

-Pillage is not always possible -> 1-3 Invade, 5-6 Upgrade
-Don't upgrade if you already did last turn
-Invade: 1-3 small figure (rage cost), 4-6 big figure and always throw possible solutions for AI-enemyplayer = where it would go? -> look at mission locations, or if you use Gods they give benefits and throw dice again like: 4 possible good locations, throw d6dice which and throw again if dice shows 5 or 6.
-enemy always participates fights if their locations are pillaged already -> free march to next land. Otherwise throw d6-dice again: 1-3 not interested patricipate, 4-6 going to fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're my kind of guy! Every game can be played solo.

But I wouldn't make every 'player' action so dependent on random die rolls. The fun for me, when I solo, is figuring out what to do in each player position's ever changing spectrum of options. And that's the best way to learn the game as well. I usually need the advantage, for when I teach a new game, the other live players usually gang up on me anyhow the first time, since I'm the only one who knows the rules so far...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sakari Laiho
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to mention all AI-players who have all fightcards draw them randomly. Also when they upgrade - all upgradecards are available, but they pay ragecost. If they cannot afford with their rage - card is lost and they pillage/invade because upgrade was not success.

When I played this version, I had lot of fun. Also I did not win because making others quite powerful with already owned monsters. Also I felt like I am trying to beat AI-intelligence rather than playing with all clans and someone wins but that does not matter.

And - draw monster for AI just beginning of the game, not all ages. Missions you check normally and AI player goes after their missions during game - so it's not so hard to decide where they are going on map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mr wilsson
msg tools
Did you deal own hand of cards for each ai player? And if not did you separate ai cards like fight, upgrade etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sakari Laiho
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No dealing, they just take random cards from each pile. So very randomising. But They all got one monster from the start of the game, so they'll not be easy.

Just played 3 players 2 times. Very different when playing with real human beings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.