Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it seems that if you could get hold of just the extra 24 cards from this set, then you could play 5 player using the wild boar clan from the kickstarter?

It struck me as a very costly addon during the campaign (costing half the base game price) esp. when minis for another clan have already been provided.

Am I right about the cards being the only thing required ? I wonder if they might sell just the cards at any point (doubtful), or if a paste up copy of them (I use sleeves) might be possible to produce (guess this would need card scans - not sure how legal sharing those might be ?)

Any other thoughts ? I felt just adding the KS monsters makes the decks more "monster heavy" as it is, so missing out of the three more alt-sculpt monsters might be overkill anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Pertici
Italy
Certaldo
Firenze
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who have kickstarted the game the cards are enough to play with 5 players. But since this expansion will be distributed even outside the kickstarter campaign the extra minis are necessary.
I really doubt that CMON will ever release just the cards since there's already a product with those cards in it.
Home printing the extra cards, even with sleeves doesn't seem like a good idea, there are no opaque sleeves for this size, and the game doesn't offer enough extra cards to use as back for proxies, so they'll probably be easily recognizable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kotzur-Yang
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By my count, once you add in all the upgrades, you've got enough for each player to have 7 cards. I'm inclined just to play with 7 cards in the Gods Gifts phase, and discard 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forsman
United States
Ely
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes have the kickstarter version, and yes the cards are the only thing missed for 5 players. But played it with 5 players, and it worked great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FaceTheFact wrote:
For those who have kickstarted the game the cards are enough to play with 5 players. But since this expansion will be distributed even outside the kickstarter campaign the extra minis are necessary.
I really doubt that CMON will ever release just the cards since there's already a product with those cards in it.
Home printing the extra cards, even with sleeves doesn't seem like a good idea, there are no opaque sleeves for this size, and the game doesn't offer enough extra cards to use as back for proxies, so they'll probably be easily recognizable.

Had a look at someone elss'e set of cards the other day, and it seems that many of the 5p cards are just more copies of the cards already available in the 2-4 player game (to keep the number of cards balanced).

So it strikes me that identifying a card as "from the 5p addon set" wouldn't add a huge advantage, given it could still be any type of card.

Just need to get myself in the same room as a set of 5P cards with my portable bar scanner, and then should be able to knock up my makeshift 5P expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Lokemoen
msg tools
Just to be completely clear: there is absolutely no need to own this package, even when playing with 5 players. The word "Extra" is totally true. These are extras that add nothing but the option to include redundant features in the game.

I do not mean to imply that this is a worthless product. I own it and am happy enough with it, but I can imagine that many owners of the game would not find this purchase worth the money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avid Gamer
United States
Lawson/Dumont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could mock up a way to play 5 player without this, but then you would be missing out on the AWESOME mini figures!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Mann
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's how I turned the basic version of Blood Rage into a five-player game without buying anything:

1. Borrow 8 khaki kobolds (or any other monster) from Descent to represent the "Demon" clan. Their leader is the red kobold. You could also use walkers and the abomination from Zombicide to create the "Zombie" clan. Borrow a ship miniature from another game: I used an extra ship I got with Jamaica.

2. Make a copy of a clan sheet, covering up the original name with a small circle or rectangle e.g. a sticker from the dollar store with a picture of a Disney character or superhero on it.

3. BR comes with 99 cards, three decks of 33 each. Deal out all 33 cards to the five players: so 7 + 7 + 7 + 6 + 6. Don't worry about the uneven numbers. Then go around the table drafting cards as per the usual rules until everyone has a deck of 6, discarding 3 cards.

4. Use the full map: don't "Ragnarok" a province.

5. One of the 6-card players goes first. T

You've just saved about $30 Canadian, enough for three cheap movie nights!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.