Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Thunderbirds» Forums » Rules

Subject: Thunderbirds without characters allowed for Rescue action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Swinkels
Belgium
Webbekom
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it allowed to drop for instance the yellow Thunderbird 4 in Europe without any character peg present in it to do later a Rescue action for a Disaster card needing that Thunderbird for a bonus?

Or must there be a character peg present in that Thunderbird?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Alton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Paper 'Mech - winner 'Best Overall Design' in the 2016 1-page PNP Contest
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there needs to be a character peg in there for you to gain the bonus
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Swinkels
Belgium
Webbekom
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, a comment by "Andy The Sane" on the Kickstarter Campaign page says:

"Also after reading the example on the back of the rulebook, it appears that you don't necessarily need a pilot in the Thunderbird to get the bonuses, just that the machine needs to be in a location."

Will check this out as well...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leacock
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mb
swinkelp wrote:
Is it allowed to drop for instance the yellow Thunderbird 4 in Europe without any character peg present in it to do later a Rescue action for a Disaster card needing that Thunderbird for a bonus?

Or must there be a character peg present in that Thunderbird?


No pilot is needed to get the bonus.
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mleacock wrote:
swinkelp wrote:
Is it allowed to drop for instance the yellow Thunderbird 4 in Europe without any character peg present in it to do later a Rescue action for a Disaster card needing that Thunderbird for a bonus?

Or must there be a character peg present in that Thunderbird?


No pilot is needed to get the bonus.


That's quite a significant rule to know!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not so much a "rule", but inherent in the way that the information is presented on the cards. They indicate that you have to have TBx or TracyY present to get the bonus, so that's what you need. IIRC the rules do state that a TB can be unmanned (abandoned somewhere). You can have a TB without a Tracy, but you cannot have a Tracy without a TB.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierfilippo Dionisio
Italy
Firenze
Toscana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Not so much a "rule", but inherent in the way that the information is presented on the cards. They indicate that you have to have TBx or TracyY present to get the bonus, so that's what you need. IIRC the rules do state that a TB can be unmanned (abandoned somewhere). You can have a TB without a Tracy, but you cannot have a Tracy without a TB.


I agree with you
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.