BLIND PEW
Wales
BRECON
Powys
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having created a game and had it accepted, I can't find out how to upload the rules. I tried on one game and the image was rejected "No rules" - I assume that meant I shouldn't upload any rules. I also saw a note in a post that upload references should not be put into a game. I uploaded all the cards as images into the gallery but the rules are an essential part of the game. Have I missed something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Cleland
Australia
Baulkham Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
I supported because ...
badge
my silence is not questioned, nor is my presence, and sometimes there's magic!
mbmbmbmbmb
My advice (fwiw) is upload the rules in the Files section, not as an image. Go to the game page, then scroll down to the "Files" section, and click "Upload File", and follow the directions. Probably far better to upload a PDF than a JPG/PNG, but I'm sure you'll work it out from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Harvey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
notclive wrote:
My advice (fwiw) is upload the rules in the Files section, not as an image. Go to the game page, then scroll down to the "Files" section, and click "Upload File", and follow the directions. Probably far better to upload a PDF than a JPG/PNG, but I'm sure you'll work it out from there.

And it's probably best to zip up the images of the cards into one file and upload it to the Files section as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb
be sure to read File Submissions
before uploading a file
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Rule Scans : Unless you have express written consent of the copyright holder, scans of rulebooks are not allowed."

Since you are the copyright holder this should be allowed, but you will have to submit with a comment on the file that you are the author of the rules.

(PS: Please, use ALL CAPS only for extreme emphasis, extremely rarely. Since CAPS are used by spammers, it makes a bad impression.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BLIND PEW
Wales
BRECON
Powys
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BLIND PEW
Wales
BRECON
Powys
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - that will save me a lot of time. If I copy my rules to pdf, can I put that in the same zip?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BLIND PEW
Wales
BRECON
Powys
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will do - I usually put titles in upper case but I'm happy to do it the BGG way. Sorry bgg!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BLIND PEW
Wales
BRECON
Powys
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will do - thanks for the reminder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.