Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Tikal» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is it possible to uncover temples or recover treasures, leave, return and repeat? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Clift
United States
Eaton
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Posted this at end of another thread. Didn't get a response..so figured it could use it's own thread.

What is the ruling of a worker leaving a hex, then returning and wanting to uncover another level or get treasure? Can he?

If the same worker left to an adjacent site he could, correct? I don't think there is anything in the rules that once a worker has been assigned a task they can't do something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sinclair
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Leave then return
I have always played that you can leave then return. In fact I play online and recently did this. If not indicated in the rules then you can do it.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you may leave then return.

You may dig up a level, leave, dig up a level in hex B, and then return to hex A.

I don't think that you may dig up 2 levels in the same Hex with the same worker in the same turn, regardless of leaving and returning to the same Hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A single worker cannot uncover more than one treasure or temple in a single hex on the same turn.The worker could leave a hex after uncovering a treasure or temple and uncover treasure or temples in a different hex but may not uncover more than one treasure or temple in the same hex even if he leaves and comes back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Carlson
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Joseph on that. Pretty dam sure it says that in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't think anyone would play it differently, but here is my interpretation:

The relevant English Ravensburger rules regarding "recover treasure" (the wording is identical for "uncover temple levels"):
To recover treasure, a player must have at least 1 expedition member in the treasure hexagon and pay 3 AP per treasure wager recovered. The player must have 1 member per wafer recovered and may only recover 2 wafers per treasure hexagon per turn.

This seems to indicate that if you want to recover a second treasure from a specific hex, you must currently have two members in the hex ("1 member per wafer recovered"). You can't recover a treasure, move the member out (leaving the treasure hex empty), then move a different member in and recover another treasure. In practice, this shouldn't matter, since I don't see why you would need to move the first member out before moving the second member in. The point is, you do need two different members to recover two treasures. For simplicity and accuracy's sake, you should have them both in the hex simultaneously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.