Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark coomey
New Zealand
AUCKLAND
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've finally played enough games of mission 1 to finally get most of the rules sorted on my own without having to post to the Geek.

However, on mission 3 I encountered a German Panzer IV sighted during Rounds. This left me with a few questions:

1) Does a vehicle appear crewed up? My Panzer IV said that the top was open with 3 crew visible. So I played that I had a full complement of 5 Germans operating the vehicle.

2) Also, I couldn't find when the tanks actually take their turn in a round..do they have initiative same as soldiers? Do they possibly get two turns in a round depending on the initiative die roll? I was unsure so I simply gave them 1 turn at the end of a round.

Not quite knowing how to play it ruined the mission for me, so I scrapped it to play another day. But I am finally really really enjoying this game. It fills in the hours during holidays when I struggle to find someone to play games with!

wiz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going off memeory but I have always had the tank as fully crewed (due to no tank crew counters) and open when stated. The initiative should be taken care of on the vehicle card. I haven't played in a couple of months.. but that is what I recall.
This is an EXCELLENT game for when there are no opponents. My kids and I play Shell Shock when we want to play 2-player Ambush!
SInce they usually argue who gets to play 'Dad's Ambush!' at any one tme....I aquired a copy for each of them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Raskob
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
The paragraph activating the tank should have called out a card number for the tank, just like any other german activation. The card will list the tank's INT (which iirc changes as the crew takes casualties - yes, it comes fully crewed), and what marker to use for it. It gets turns and acts based on paragraphs like other germans do.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Riker
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having just reread the rules and looked at the cards, Yes, the card has the In number and the crew starts w/5 members,and each line on the card has the current crew memeber 1-5 w/different action numbers depending on the crew status. Aimed automatic fire can take out more than 1 crew at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.