Subject: Trying to get reviews on my deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I created an account on TappedOut, and built a deck, but they want you to pay in order to get any views on your deck--so I thought I'd ask if someone knows of a good site with deckbuilding that allows other people to review for free, yet still has high traffic. Or, should I just post a link to my TappedOut from here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
Just post a link here, and prefarably to more MTG focused pages. Because while I like the magic community here, it is kind of smallish in relationship

I never seen anything usefull comming from the tappedout comment system ever anyway.

There is multiple deck building subreddits, depending on format, overall format will make what forum is recommended change.

I suspect MTG Salvation is good for Standard but I do not really have any idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-wind-rises/

Yes, that is an homage to Hiyao Miyazaki :-P

On a side note, I do like the format of Tapped Out for deck building, just not the attempts of pickpocketing for views. If MTG Collection Builder ever added a Deck Builder to his site, I'd probably never leave that site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
badge
mbmbmbmb
Without looking too much into the individual cards and their abilities, I think it's good start. You have enough lands, a decent amount of creatures and a good mana curve. I'd suggest giving it a few plays and see from there what works and what causes the most problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Ok, one card should be removed: Ally Encampment. You don't have a single creature with the Ally subtype, so the land will only give you colorless mana and you can't use it's ability. Replace it with a Forest or a Plains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JockiB wrote:
Ok, one card should be removed: Ally Encampment. You don't have a single creature with the Ally subtype, so the land will only give you colorless mana and you can't use it's ability. Replace it with a Forest or a Plains.

Ahh, good catch, I was using this when I had my Zendikar Duel Deck Cards still in play, but have since removed them. However, it doesn't come in tapped and gives me an extra 1 colorless irregardless...If i replaced this with a forest, wouldn't I be more susceptible to removal of basic land cards? Also, I considered leaving it in as I do plan on adding allies when I get them--I do have a Dromoka Captain, which is G/W 5/5, but no other dragons to mix with it--I figured I have enough heavy guys right now, so when I get more green or white dragons, I'd consider moving Dromoka Captain in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
mlssufan01 wrote:
If i replaced this with a forest, wouldn't I be more susceptible to removal of basic land cards?

There are very few of those cards (like Boil, Choke, Tsunami...), and you are more likely to run into anti non-basic land cards (like the Encroaching Wastes you are using). Because of this having a non-basic land in your deck that you get no benefit from isn't worth it. I'd replace it with a basic land until you have some Allies in the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought 2 Dragon packs, and while I didn't get any G/W allies, I did score a mythic rare Dragonlord Atarka!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
There are no Allies outside the Zendikar blocks. Dragonlord Atarka is good, especially if you can ramp it out (using spells that fetch lands into play or using mana producing creatures).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure? Maybe I don't know what ally is--I thought it was the creatures that require 2 different color mana.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah, nope, ally is a creature that says ally in the subtype..got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
"Ally" is a creature type - note in the card below, the creature is an elf, a shaman and an ally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben MacFarlane
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An ally is a creature that has "Ally" in its type line. So "Creature - [something] Ally". And they do only show up in Zendikar.

Being multicolored doesn't imply anything, rules-wise, other than the creature is a valid target for spells and abilities that target only multicolored creatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JockiB wrote:
There are no Allies outside the Zendikar blocks. Dragonlord Atarka is good, especially if you can ramp it out (using spells that fetch lands into play or using mana producing creatures).

So let's say I have 3 Flameshadow conjuring enchantments (which I do)--assuming I have subsequent mana, let's say I have 10 lands on board, the next turn I play Dragonlard Atarka for 5 colorless, a red, and a green--with 3 mountains left (theoretically), this would produce THREE 8/8 Dragonlords?!?! With FIVE damage PER DRAGON?!?! On top of his 8 power?!?! Now, that's also assuming I draw the needed cards, in particular the dragon himself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Regs
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to make sure you got this bit:

Assuming you have 3 copies of Flameshadow Conjuring on the field you can get 3 Dragonlord Atarka triggers (each dealing 5 distributed how you choose) by paying those extra (R) as you describe.

However, you'll end up with only one actual 8/8 dragon because the legend rule will make you put the extras into the graveyard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MTGSalvation

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/deck-crea...

Post your deck. You'll get feedback from it. Just make sure you put it under the correct format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.F. Sesma
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just saw your deck, and since I'm at work, I can't look at the cards with full attention but I have a few basic tips for you.

If you can, try to maximize the number of copies of each card below 3cc (converted cost) in your deck (the max is 4 unless stated otherwise) that would help you to get the cards you need in the earlier stages of the game, there are some exception to these, having multiple enchantments with the same effect would be quite useless since most of the time their abilites don't stack eachother. But with creatures and some sorceries this would help you greatly.

The other thing is of no importance if you only play against other players with the same cardpool as you or if is in a non-competitive environment, but if you go to, say an FNM in your LGS or a tournament with something on the line, we need to talk about formats:

In Constructed, that is make your deck with the cards you have, there are two formats you may aim:

STANDARD: The most played constructed format and the one that the creators craft the cards to. To build a standard deck you may restrict your card choices to the last 3 big blocks published. For example right now that consist of Kahns of Tarkir+Fate Reforged, Dragons of Tarkir+Magic Origins and lastly Battle for Zendikar(with the upcoming Oath of the Gatewatch), but when Shadows Over Innistrad get public then Kahns and Fate will rotate out and they will be standard legal no more.

MODERN: It's an Eternal format, card don't get old in here, and the ones legal here are from the 8th Edition onwards, that means cards that have the new card frame are legal. But since the cards available here are that huge, the decks here are quite powerful. As a rule of thumb I wouldn't try to face a deck in this format unless mine could win the game in turn 5 or less, consistently.

My suggestion would be, taking out all the cards from Theros Block and stick to standard until you get a better grasp of deckbuilding.

Sorry for the long post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.