Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Hancox
Australia
Melbourne
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont have the cards with me, so am doing this from memory, having played only twice, my memory could be a bit sketchy.
There is a card, it is for bringing up reserves or support. It says that you can add another unit after throwing the dice, they can aid in the battle, I am confused by this card as it mentions not being an other battle already. I am assuming you can move any unit that matches the die to move to the battle, does normal movement occur? does the units have to be within their movement range. Sorry this is so vague.
Can someone clarify the rule for the card please.
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
The card you are thinking of is "Call for Reinforcements". The card says that you may only deploy a unit that was not already deployed at the start of the battle. For example, if you started with all 10 infantry units available to your side, then you cannot get an infantry unit as a reinforcement, regardless of the dice roll.

As per the rules on the card, a reinforcing unit is placed on the board with an unattached general, in an empty hex adjacent to a general attached to another unit, or in an empty hex on the owning player's board edge. The unit cannot move on the turn it is deployed, but may battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Hancox
Australia
Melbourne
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhh, now I see, you actually receive a 'new' unit, as long as you have already lost one of them to attrition. i originally read it as you could move up to the battle another one of your existing units that were anywhere else on the board.
Thanks for clarifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Hancox
Australia
Melbourne
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! your geekbadge is hilarious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
kiwifirst wrote:
Ahhhh, now I see, you actually receive a 'new' unit, as long as you have already lost one of them to attrition.

No, you don't fully understand. You receive a new unit, as long as that unit was not deployed on the board at the start of the battle. The game has 10 infantry, 3 cavalry and 3 artillery units for each side. If the game setup shows that you have 8 infantry, 3 cavalry and 2 artillery at the start of the battle you are playing, then you could play "Call for Reinforcements" and potentially get a new infantry or artillery unit, but you could not get any cavalry units.

Losing units in combat does not make them available as reinforcements. This is because the flag-bearing figure of a unit lost in combat serves as a victory flag marker for your opponent.

Quote:
Ha! your geekbadge is hilarious.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Hancox
Australia
Melbourne
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I got it completely wrong.
Thanks Bill for the follow up. I understand it now, its not as useful a card as i thought then.
I'd like to ask you another question;
What are your thoughts on the card that allows you to move ALL units. In the first game i played on the first scenario, the north was really beginning to make some in-roads in the Greys defense when they played that card it was chaos for the Union. It pretty much turned the game completely. I am thinking of a house rule that says 4 or 5 units anywhere, I'd appreciate your comments as my experience is two battles only.
Thanks
Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.