Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

So, I have recently felt the urge to dive back into board gaming. I spent much of my free time in high school playing Talisman, and I have missed it over the last 15 years.

I just purchased Arkham Horror - I can't wait to play it - and Dungeon Twister. I also found a copy of Talisman 3rd on ebay for less than $100, and snagged it.

Oh well, just thought I would introduce myself, see you all around.

Anyone else here live in Seattle?

d.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey mate,

Sounds like you and me are treading similar ground. Until 5-7 days ago I was out of gaming but was brought back in via a curiosity about talisman (plus we live in similar parts of the world, though I'm a Portlander). This place is great for relearing, be sure to creatively search the geeklists for interesting keywords.

Hate to tell you, but talisman is about to get a reprint in 9~ months. I'd resell that third edition while you can and just wait. Play Akham and / or Runebound till then. From what we're hearing, the 4th edition will be a return to Talisman's (2nd ed) glory. The exact quote was they were using the 2nd edition as a skeletal framework in which to build the 4th edition on (the third edition is panned by most I've talked to).

Anyhow, welcome! (from one new guy to another)..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey mate,

Sounds like you and me are treading similar ground. Until 5-7 days ago I was out of gaming but was brought back in via a curiosity about talisman (plus we live in similar parts of the world, though I'm a Portlander). This place is great for relearing, be sure to creatively search the geeklists for interesting keywords.

Hate to tell you, but talisman is about to get a reprint in 9~ months. I'd resell that third edition while you can and just wait. Play Arkham and / or Runebound till then. From what we're hearing, the 4th edition will be a return to Talisman's (2nd ed) glory. The exact quote was they were using the 2nd edition as a skeletal framework in which to build the 4th edition on (the third edition is panned by most I've talked to).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - I heard that Talisman was coming back into print this year. But honestly, I just can't wait!

I'll re-buy it again when it comes out, I just really want to revisit the game NOW...I played both 2nd and 3rd ed. and I don't really remember loving one more than the other.

Do you play Arkham? Wow - this game is so complex. I have been meaning to check out Runebound as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iken Owens
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaming is like being in the Mob. Everytime you think your out someone or somthing drags you back in. The Seattle area is rich with gamers you shouldn't have trouble finding some people to game with. I run a regular gaming group in Lynnwood, mostly board games and some mini's. Arkahm and Runebound are on our playlists and both are very fun games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Beeler
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Pretty soon, you've been around long enough that you're old.
badge
Why am I the only one who has that dream?
mbmbmbmbmb
There are ways to find local gamers local on here. I'd tell you what they are, but I've never done it. However, there is a gaming get-together happening here in Seattle next week. You might want to see if you can join up with it - you'll see a lot of new games, I'm sure.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/1259823

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
With WizKids, Wizards of the Coast and a few smaller Games companies in the Seattle area, you are sure to have access to LOTS of great gamer options and friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey mate,

Hate to tell you, but talisman is about to get a reprint in 9~ months. I'd resell that third edition while you can and just wait. Play Arkham and / or Runebound till then. From what we're hearing, the 4th edition will be a return to Talisman's (2nd ed) glory. The exact quote was they were using the 2nd edition as a skeletal framework in which to build the 4th edition on (the third edition is panned by most I've talked to).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG.

I live in NY and actually found a gaming group through this website.

My advice would be to say you are looking for a gaming group in your area in your profile here on BGG. I think there may be a way to search for other people in your area through this website but I'm not sure. Take a look around the site to see if anything like that exists.

Happy Gaming,
Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey thanks everyone - I look forward to hanging around here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.