Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a hot deal, but some might still find it useful.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Awakens-X-Wing-Miniatures/dp...

According to Camelx3, this is an all-time low (average is $32.67), and is now on par with the older core set.

I was going to add it to a pending order at another OLGS, but this is just as cheap, and will get here sooner (thanks to Prime).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex M
United States
California
flag msg tools
can anyone explain to me what is different between the old core and this new core?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrluthor wrote:
can anyone explain to me what is different between the old core and this new core?

I'm fairly new to X-Wing, so I don't know as much as others, but aside from the thematic difference (Rebels vs Galactic Empire from the original trilogy era, compared to Resistance vs First Order from the upcoming sequel trilogy), actual differences include:

-different ships (both sets include 1 X-Wing and 2 TIE fighters, but the sculpts are actually different in each version, more noticeably on the X-Wings)

-a rebalanced damage deck in the TFA core set (this revised deck will be required in tournaments, starting in January)

-different pilots and upgrade cards, to fit the eras of each game (Poe Dameron is the top X-Wing pilot in the newer core set whereas Luke Skywalker is the best in the original core set; BB-8 is an astromech upgrade in the new set, whereas R2D2 is in the original set; etc.)

-other miscellaneous differences (new missions in the rulebook; new shapes of asteroid pieces; additional maneuver logos printed on the templates, for maneuvers that didn't exist initially in the original game)

The new set is completely compatible with the old set, and all of the old expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh B
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's actually even cheaper if you click on the buying options and buy it from The War Store--a coupon automatically applies at check out, so I picked up a copy for $24.99 shipped, which is the lowest price I've seen on this since release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.