Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: (what are) The cardinal rules of Netrunner (and when to break them) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Novacat wrote:
It's better to hit a trap than to allow the corp to score an agenda. If they install it, you should probably check it.

That drastically depends on the game state. It's true once the corp is at game point, but you really want to be more careful in the early game

Disregard that, run all potential traps. What's the worst that could happen?
Love, Jinteki Corporation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always consider what information you are giving away when you play/rez a card. Does the action you are taking have to be done now, or can it wait and conceal information until a later turn? Don't play cards simply because they are 'helpful', do they give away your plan of attack and allow the other side time to prepare?

Examples: I always want to hold off installing HQ/R&D interface until the turn I am ready to attack. Sneakdoor Beta should always be saved for a surprise. If I need both a breaker and the money to use it to get into a server, I will wait until the turn I have enough money for both the install and the run to play the breaker.

I may have a hand with only operations and ICE as corp, but playing them all and emptying my hand confirms to the runner I have no agendas there. As long as I hold something in my hand, they need to run to be sure what it is. This changes if they already ran it or saw the card in R&D, but hold off emptying your hand 'just because' when you still have hidden information. The same goes for emptying your credit pool. Four credits threatens a Snare! whether it is in your deck or not.

Placing ICE you know you can't rez is better than leaving something open. Your opponent doesn't know you can't afford it.

Don't underestimate the power of certainty in this game. Avoid giving it to your opponent when you have a choice, and abuse it to the best of your ability when you get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CD Harris
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jond wrote:
Always be running!

Indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amuk wrote:
jond wrote:
Always be running!

Indeed.

Just run, Amuk?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CD Harris
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cynchwyrm wrote:
Amuk wrote:
jond wrote:
Always be running!

Indeed.

Just run, Amuk?

With or without the comma, the answer is YES!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Impressario Raiddinn the Beatdropper
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have only played a few games and only as the corporation, but I just wanted to throw my two cents out there.

Runners will miss a lot of scoring opportunities early game by being too passive. One or two agendas that you could have gotten cheaply and you didn't is a big deal.

As a runner, include some economy cards and some plus MU cards in your deck.

As a corporation if you are holding 3 agendas and 1 non and they run your HQ and they get an agenda, make a fuss about how lucky they are. Act like you had 1 agenda and 3 non.

Mind games are fine, trash talking isn't.

As a corporation, try to make the runner second guess themselves. Put snares in your deck to make sure they have a reason to fear your cards. If you train the opponent to think that unprotected face downs are snares, you might be able to hide an agenda as an unprotected face down.

As a corporation, don't try to lock the runner completely out of things like HQ. Just try to make it cost them more than it costs you. Taxing cards like Pop Up Window are great. Sure they can get in if they give you 2 and they lose 2, but if they do it over and over it's a major economic swing. The kind of economic swing that wins games. Maybe one tax and one ETR per lane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.