Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Sessions

Subject: The King's Man ate my face (spoilers?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Wright
United States
New York
flag msg tools
First off greetings. I'm brand new hear but loving KD:M. I was wondering how the fight against this nemesis went for anyone else who fought him.

So, spoiler alert maybe? I'm not going into extreme detail, but if you don't want to know anything about this fight stop now. Cool? Great!

So far I've been pretty successful in my showdowns. I've pretty handily won (one close call with a headhunting white lion). I even beat the butcher without anyone dying. But this King's Man wrecked my team without breaking a sweat.

At first I was reluctant to roll on the Kings Step table, I had a lot of speed and was able to remove the first three hit locations pretty well. Then I get speared a few times and he is reducing me movement. Since he has range I can't get to the blind spot or even attack with all the knock backs.

By the time I realize I really needed to get the Kings Step fighting art it was two late.

If you fought him how did that fight go? Any tips for the next time he comes to town?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Dibbley
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey
There is a thread here about this very topic

advice-how-prep-kings-man

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dwayne_dibbley wrote:
Hey
There is a thread here about this very topic

advice-how-prep-kings-man

So after putting it off we finally fought the Kingsman... we LITERALLY were in a "beat him with this last hit or last guy dies" situation so he definitely was hard. We were lucky enough to get Kings Step on a few of our guys pretty painlessly (one or two rolls using the Battle Tempo tokens), but the general consensus on that link Dwanye posted is either Kings step or super fast weapons to get rid of the Battle Pressure.

Also I feel like these Nemesis battles really do have a lot of "Luck of the Roll" to them, as for us the Butcher annihilated us, but part of that was because his first 2 attacks incapacitated our big hitters (something like "dislocated shoulder" for our two handed weapons person and then blinded our other one" so the rest was downhill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Dibbley
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I was finally able to beat the Kingsman after a Settlement reboot (back to year 1), designed the settlement around beating him... I used a lot of the advice from that thread.

Had one person (Prof 5 Twilight Sword wielder) learn battle tempo and discard the tempo, then an axe wielding bezerker with a luck charm and a Zanbato wielder delivered the hurt while an archer with cat's eye and headband peeped at the card that were coming up.

My Twilight Sword guy came away with an inter cranial hemorrhage so no more survival for him, the bezerker has a broken back (no more axes), and the Zanbato wielder is sporting a shiny new pelvis (no more buns from that oven).

but everyone lived... in a fashion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.