Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been searching for a way to store characters sleeved with all of their tokens for a long time. My original solution was baggies, but that was incredibly disorganized and ugly. I was also worried that the combination of a lack of rigidity and a bunch of oddly-shaped tokens could result in cards getting warped.

Later I found two-piece ultra pro boxes which were so close to being perfect. They were a bit pricy, but they were clear, durable, and almost perfectly sized. They also wouldn't fit the character folders, although I was willing to forgo keeping those with the characters. Alas, the Dragon Shield sleeves I'm using were just ever-so-slightly too large, so that solution was not an option.

But now I've found a solution. Tarot card boxes. They're oversized (in particular, they're around an inch too tall), but every character should fit in one with all their bits (including folders!), they're fairly cheap (I got blank white ones for $0.40; 80 boxes* plus shipping was around $50), and their standardized size just makes me happy. Hypothetically you might be able to get them printed with character art and names, but I'm just writing the names on the top flap in sharpie.

I think this is a good option for people who, like me, have no interest in actually printing and cutting out their own tuckboxes.

*Annoyingly, I only received 62 boxes of the 80 I ordered. I just got sent a support ticket in to the company as soon as I opened the box and counted, so hopefully that will be resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you order from?

-AND-

How are you storing the tarot boxes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not far from the solution that I went with - though mine required a touch more work as I printed off the various tuckboxes in the files sections. Looks great, and it keeps everything stored quite well.

Though, I do need to print off a few more for the special cards, the alternate bases, the Tag Team cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
kurisenshi wrote:
Where did you order from?

-AND-

How are you storing the tarot boxes?

Ordered them from makeplayingcards.com. Took about 2 weeks from when I ordered to receive them (and, as I mentioned, I'm missing 20% of my order).

Haven't figured that out yet. If you stand them upright, you can fit 41 boxes in the Devastation box and 20 in the War box. That's enough to store all the characters from Devastation, War, and Fate, plus room for 3 more boxes. They do stick up a couple inches above the brim of the box, though.

I'm going to investigate the ubiquitous Wooden Artists Case to see if that works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
I really need a good way to keep my set sorted out D:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will Thessala's evolution board fit in one of those? Which size boxes did you order exactly? There are a few tarot card options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kurisenshi wrote:
Will Thessala's evolution board fit in one of those? Which size boxes did you order exactly? There are a few tarot card options.

No, Thessala's board is way too big. The boxes are about an inch too tall, but they're only a few millimeters too wide. Here's a picture of Endbryte, which is one of the most full boxes (you can't see the tokens in this picture due to the angle, but they're on top of the cards; stand up and 5 energy tokens, with plenty of room for many more tokens and even a few more cards)

Tarot is the size of the box I purchased. The site had two options (open front or not) for tarot-sized boxes, but they were the same size. Other sizes were poker and bridge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I found an overall storage solution:

This is a wrapping paper box I got at The Container Store. Ample room for all the characters. Only downside at the moment is I need to find something to take up the space at the end and prevent stuff from shifting around, but I've got ideas.

Oh, and unrelated but somehow I've lost track of Kehrolyn. D: She was among 5 characters I brought with me to the Container Store while searching for something that would work. I'm hoping I just misplaced her somewhere in my car, but I fear I may have left her at the store! I'm going to call tomorrow and ask if they found it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for showing this off! I backed the Devastation and War (remastered) campaigns, and I also have the original War. Combine all that with all the expansions and promo characters, and I'm really struggling to figure out how to store everything in a way that facilitates play.

Do you think those tarot boxes have enough room for the alternate costumes, UA cards, etc from the different sets?

My goal, even if it means a different solution than what you've chosen, is to have my BattleCON collection gloriously organized so that everything is easy to access and play. Each character would have all their options together (UA, alt costume stands, etc), Armory cards would be organized in one or more boxes (though should I do anything with the Devastation KS set v. the Official Armory set?), all the bases would be organized for ease of selection, arenas, bosses, etc, too.

Organizing my complete BattleCON collection will be my greatest work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how much extra stuff there is, but I suspect there should be enough room. None of the boxes are even close to full. Honestly if it was possible I would have bought boxes half the depth, but they only come in this size.

Also, I did get Kehrolyn back. I left her at The Container Store. >_> They found her, though, so yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On finding Kehrolyn: Yay!

On the extra stuff: To be honest, I'm not sure how much extra there is either. I'm afraid to break up/organize the various set I have until I know where everthing is supposed to go.

On the boxes: Did you use these?
http://www.makeplayingcards.com/design/tarot-card-deck-box.h...

Any thoughts on the version with windows?
http://www.makeplayingcards.com/design/tarot-cards-case.html

I thought that the window could show off the character folders, in the event you forget the name of a character, but remember how they look...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the box I used.

The window boxes would be unsuitable, as the "window" is just a hole in the box. There's no plastic there or anything. I mean, the cards should be fine, but I wouldn't trust the tokens to not fall out (even if they were behind the cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
That is the box I used.

The window boxes would be unsuitable, as the "window" is just a hole in the box. There's no plastic there or anything. I mean, the cards should be fine, but I wouldn't trust the tokens to not fall out (even if they were behind the cards).

Oh really? It looked like there's plastic in there. Bummer.

EDIT: Also, you said you ordered 80 boxes - how many did you need?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Fate (10)

War (18)

Devastation (30)

Promos (10) (I *think* I've got all the promo characters, but I'm not sure).

Note that, as I mentioned, I only got 62 of the 80 I ordered. They're sending replacements. So for the time being I haven't put any of the promos in the boxes yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:

Fate (10)

War (18)

Devastation (30)

Promos (10) (I *think* I've got all the promo characters, but I'm not sure).

Note that, as I mentioned, I only got 62 of the 80 I ordered. They're sending replacements. So for the time being I haven't put any of the promos in the boxes yet.

Yeah, that's rough. I think there are more than ten promos though, depending on which kickstarters you backed and how.

Borneo, Juto (Devastation Extended) (2)
Takeshi Kamikaze, Lucius, Iskra, Prince Elein, Vincent Grey, Bruce Lee, Nehtali, Raederick, Anath, and Eliza (War KS Promos) (10)
VG Gal Iris, Mark.PTO, Bridj, Legacy & the Freedom Five, Dr. Victor Ramos (Devastation Ks Promos) (5)

Total - 17. Not sure if I'm missing any.

And those don't include the Classic War promos, which... personally, I'm leaving with Classic War.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I'm definitely missing some then. I got 5 of the War promos (pre-ordered from their store after the KS), all of the Devastation promos (not counting Ramos in the total, though, only normal characters), and Ernie the Geek.

Well... guess I've got to find someone who's willing to trade some promos now. >_>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ernie is one of the Classic War promos, along with Claus & Wyndal, and a few others. They're compatible with the current fighters, but not necessarily balances (and their art is obviously very different).

As for the other War promos, you may not have a hard time finding them. Backers could order multiples of them, so I would not be surprised if someone has extras (I don't, unfortunately). Also, I wouldn't be surprised if a polite email to Brad/Level 99 produced good results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Complete Classic War promos, to my knowledge:
Claus & Wyndhal
Robert the Saint
Danny the Sinner
Ernie the Geek

I feel like there's one more, but my box is at home... I'm probably wrong anyway.

Also, there's a PnP/Gen Con promo character. Uh, it's special and hidden and stuff, and usually spoilered when discussed, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last promo is not as spoilerly anymore now that he's been officially released in physical form.

Evil Hikaru

Now if they'll just make a physical copy/promo of the newest Secret Character...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kurisenshi wrote:
The last promo is not as spoilerly anymore now that he's been officially released in physical form.

Evil Hikaru

Now if they'll just make a physical copy/promo of the newest Secret Character...

From BattleCON Online, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cervantes3773 wrote:
kurisenshi wrote:

Evil Hikaru

No, actually the Fate rulebook has a secret code that you can enter at Battleconnection.com and get a free downloadable PnP secret character. Anath and Evil Hikaru were also originally secret PnP characters. Although I do hope Riflam, the BattleCON Online new character becomes a physical promo at some point also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kurisenshi wrote:
cervantes3773 wrote:
kurisenshi wrote:

Evil Hikaru

No, actually the Fate rulebook has a secret code that you can enter at Battleconnection.com and get a free downloadable PnP secret character. Anath and Evil Hikaru were also originally secret PnP characters. Although I do hope Riflam, the BattleCON Online new character becomes a physical promo at some point also.

Thanks for the info! I need to break out Fate now and redeem that code. After backing Devastation and War Remastered, I think I have a physical copy of Anath, but I don't have Evil Hikaru (at least I don't think so).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck! The code needs decoding, but there's a thread somewhere here on BGG where someone solved it if you need help decoding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.