• [+] Dice rolls
Bast Kitty
United States
Bristol
CT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the best news of a reprint I've heard in long time, maybe ever. I don't play my second edition often, but it is always fun. Hopefully they will update and improve the game. Also, hopefully this time without ugly Games Workshop minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Garcia
Philippines
Pasig
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I've been trying to get a copy for years and haven't found anything I can afford. This is great news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
I wouldn't celebrate too much yet. 3rd Edition Talisman made some big changes from 2nd Edition. (Some good, some bad, IMO.) I wouldn't count on 4th Edition really being the same game as any of the previous editions.

Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be good if it was very close to the 2nd edition with some speed up rules for the inner region. Also add in the Dungeon as part of the base game as the only way one can get a Talisman (by completing the Dungeon).

-Doug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
News first hit here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/144454

Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Grelis
Australia
Surry Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Wanna play?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rlcoon wrote:
That's the best news of a reprint I've heard in long time, maybe ever. I don't play my second edition often, but it is always fun. Hopefully they will update and improve the game. Also, hopefully this time without ugly Games Workshop minis.

Black seems to be a division of Games Workshop so the mini thing will probably be the same or similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Pulles
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I have never been much of a Talisman fan, this is indeed good news. If the rights are still owned, perhaps other early GW games might get a re-release as well.

Dark Future anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peso Pete wrote:
Not to rain on the parade, but I'll hold off on celebrating this news until I know this is a game that is actually going to be printed in reasonable numbers and is going to be supported. I sure don't want to see the blatant fleecing of the unsuspecting gamers that GW perpetrated with the last Talisman release.

Good point, Game Cove Pete. I didn't know you liked Talisman too. My wife likes it. A game perhaps one day? Me and my wife and you and yours?

be well!

Doug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Turner
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Now all the people that say they like Runebound so much because they can't get a hold of a copy of the real deal can finally experience the true power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.