BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Asia » Malaysia

Subject: Mini Meeples for Lords of Waterdeep rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nur Iskandar Bin Nuruddin
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

I am planning to order mini meeples to be made as replacements for Lords of Waterdeep's cubes.

Would you guys be interested in purchasing them from me?
The price (not set in stone yet) is around RM30 for 100 meeples (25 meeples each for Black, Orange, White and Purple)

Your replies would determined the number of meeples I will order.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
flag msg tools
wow cold reception.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pictures would be nice, and a conversion to American dollars, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
flag msg tools
I haven't order it to be made yet, so no pictures.
But it will be the regular shaped meeples, just slightly smaller.

As for the price, it will likely be between USD7-9 (minus delivery cost)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kudos to you for the offer, but you should know that you will be competing with an already very successful meeple replacement: DnDeeples (also available from Broken Token in acrylic)
These come in four thematic shapes for the different color classes, but they also run $30 shipped to any US address (from Canada).

Yours are enticingly cheaper (can you quote a total with shipping?) but being generic meeple might very well offset that advantage. That I can't really make an objective comment on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Yes, I have been thinking about the generic shapes too. But I want to keep the price as low as possible. Plus, my target markets are Malaysia and our neighbours.

How about it Malaysia players? Would you prefer the specific-shaped ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Spence
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always order the DnDeeples from us in bulk and we could probably give you a discount on quantity. Shoot me a message if you're interested in talking about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gspence wrote:
You could always order the DnDeeples from us in bulk and we could probably give you a discount on quantity. Shoot me a message if you're interested in talking about it.

You need to know: the prices he's talking about are around US$8-9 for 100 meeples... Not sure if you can match that price. Plus probably US$2-3 for shipping (since shipping will be from within Malaysia itself). That's around US$10-12 for 100 meeples of 4 different colours.

Let us know if you can go lower than that? (granted, yours are custom meeples, but... price )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shauku77 wrote:
wow cold reception.

LOL. For some reason, this is the first time this has popped up in my subscription. You need to advertise here (if you haven't already):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/boardgamestogoMY/

I think you'll get more responses that way. Good luck! (I don't normally play Euro-style games that require meeples so can't help you here).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
flag msg tools
oh, I don't know about that group. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shauku77 wrote:
oh, I don't know about that group. Thanks!

No worries!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Spence
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chinkster wrote:
gspence wrote:

You need to know: the prices he's talking about are around US$8-9 for 100 meeples... Not sure if you can match that price. Plus probably US$2-3 for shipping (since shipping will be from within Malaysia itself). That's around US$10-12 for 100 meeples of 4 different colours.

Let us know if you can go lower than that? (granted, yours are custom meeples, but... price )

I don't think we can cut them that cheaply because they are made from acrylic which is more expensive than wood, and they are individually laser cut rather than typical meeples that are carved from long strips of wood. Laser cutting is slower and more expensive but it allows you to do detail that you can't get from the other process, like having sharp corners, internal cutouts, etc.

So its somewhat of an apples to oranges comparison. If the price is the determining factor, you might have to stick with the cheaper generic ones. But if you want the style like ours (which are really awesome ) they will run a little more.

That said, we can definitely do a better price on bulk quantity, so let me know how many you're thinking and we can discuss further.

Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
flag msg tools
I don't know how much to order. That's why I'm asking the market for some kind of feedback. I don't want to buy bulk and then cannot sell them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.