Subject: Discard piles face up or face down? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Are discards supposed to be face up or face down? Page 4 (Menagerie actions) says "Discarded cards are placed face up, so that the discard pile is easily distinguished, onto the relevant discard pile (1 to 3)." But on page 6 (Breed action) it says "Place the discarded cards face down on the corresponding discard piles 1 to 3." Which is correct? Or are we supposed to have mixed discard piles of face up and face down cards?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this question too ...but reading the rules three times ...I am playing it face up as I have not come across anything that interferes or manipulates the discard stack ...but it would be good to get an official answer from Richard ...

Happy gaming

Ric

Ps this is my favourite game from Richard ever ...excellent design ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
Are discards supposed to be face up or face down?
Face up.
woodnoggin wrote:
Page 4 (Menagerie actions) says "Discarded cards are placed face up, so that the discard pile is easily distinguished, onto the relevant discard pile (1 to 3)."
This is correct.
woodnoggin wrote:
But on page 6 (Breed action) it says "Place the discarded cards face down on the corresponding discard piles 1 to 3."
Apologies. For a long time in development we played with the discard piles face down so that players could not see what the other players were discarding. But I was persuaded this actually didn't matter and it was more important to be able to distinguish easily the draw and discard piles. I amended the rules on page 4 but missed this on page 6.[/q]
woodnoggin wrote:
Or are we supposed to have mixed discard piles of face up and face down cards?!
Not intended. I think that would be cause delays if you need to reshuffle to decks.

I hope you enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard, thanks for confirming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes ...thx Richard ...marvellous game ...

We love it ...although it does give me a headache lol...

So many difficult choices but I think that's what makes the game so clever ...

Ric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.