Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

From the Rulebook
Quote:
First to hire three people in one turn
This milestone is awarded when you hire three people or more in the same turn.
You immediately receive 2 management trainee cards that are placed on the beach. If you have active training capacity, you may immediately train these cards as recruitment happens before training. In the unli- kely case that there are not enough management trainee cards left, you receive whatever is left.

My doubt is referred to the bolded part.
The Questions are:

1. Do I need to have the entire capacity of training ? i.e one training action for every trainee card that i want to upgrade, if i want to train both the cards i need two training action.

2. if i train the trainee i run out the capacity for the used trainer?

THNX

ODK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You receive the extra management trainees in the recruitment step of your phase 3. Hence, they're on your "beach" pile when you start your training step - and you could train none, one, or both of them, provided you have training capacity available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Coccato
msg tools
jmdsplotter wrote:
You receive the extra management trainees in the recruitment step of your phase 3. Hence, they're on your "beach" pile when you start your training step - and you could train none, one, or both of them, provided you have training capacity available.

And in case there's no management trainee avialable, can you use the rule "However, you may recruit such a card if you immediately train it to a higher level (so you don’t actually have to take the card)" taking, as said in the other thread, a "phantom" management trainee?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannolo wrote:
jmdsplotter wrote:

And in case there's no management trainee avialable, can you use the rule "However, you may recruit such a card if you immediately train it to a higher level (so you don’t actually have to take the card)" taking, as said in the other thread, a "phantom" management trainee?

Correct.

But if you fail to promote the phantom trainee immediately, you get nothing.

I spoke too soon and already forgot what the rulebook says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannolo wrote:
jmdsplotter wrote:

No, since the rules explicitly say you get nothing if there are not enough available... Though I very much doubt this situation will happen in practice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.