Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall Silver
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, after playing this game, we had some questions with our group. The game itself is great, and the rules are well explained, but there's always some tiny detail which could alter gameplay, so here goes!

- When Dahlgaard's Residence in Downtown shows both X's, is it still possible to get a trick from your category? (example: the "Walled" trick with the Master of Chains). I know you can always take a trick from your category, but in the rules it says you then have to put a die on the X side, so this made us wonder.

- How do you get your trick markers back? Only when a theater "falls" off the board or when you return a trick to Dahlgaard?

- Are resources ever spent in this game, or do you just need to have them and then you're set?

- Can you discard resources the same way you can discard tricks?

- Can you "share" resources between tricks? For example: I have 2 glass for my Mind Reading trick. Does that mean I also have the same 2 glass for the Pepper's Ghost trick later on, or do I need 4 in total?

- When using the Engineer: do you immediately get +1 marker if you move a trick to him/her? And does the extra marker immediately disappear if you move a trick back to the magician?

There we go, that's it. Any replies to this would be very helpful :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randall Silver wrote:
- When Dahlgaard's Residence in Downtown shows both X's, is it still possible to get a trick from your category? (example: the "Walled" trick with the Master of Chains). I know you can always take a trick from your category, but in the rules it says you then have to put a die on the X side, so this made us wonder.

You cannot learn a trick unless you use the roll or set die actions to get rid of the "X".

Randall Silver wrote:
- How do you get your trick markers back? Only when a theater "falls" off the board or when you return a trick to Dahlgaard?

The markers are returned to your supply when the performance card ist performed, or when ot "falls" of. To get them back onto your trick card you have to prepare the trick via a workshop action.

Randall Silver wrote:
- Are resources ever spent in this game, or do you just need to have them and then you're set?
You just need to have them, though you might want to move some onto the manager special spaces during a game.

Randall Silver wrote:
- Can you discard resources the same way you can discard tricks?
If you ever have all resource spaces full and need another resource, I guess you can just get rid of one you don't need anymore. Can't see that happening too often, though, maybe more when playing with Dark Alley (2 more rounds).

Randall Silver wrote:
- Can you "share" resources between tricks? For example: I have 2 glass for my Mind Reading trick. Does that mean I also have the same 2 glass for the Pepper's Ghost trick later on, or do I need 4 in total?
You can share them. So you'll never need more than 3 of one resource.

Randall Silver wrote:
- When using the Engineer: do you immediately get +1 marker if you move a trick to him/her? And does the extra marker immediately disappear if you move a trick back to the magician?
I'm not sure here, but I'd say that you have to prepare the trick, while it stays on the engineer, to earn the extra marker. Then it would stay on the trick, even when moved to another slot later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The AirBear
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randall Silver wrote:

Mathias is right. The bonus of the Engineer is "get an additional marker when you prepare the trick" (page 5). Thus, when moving the trick away from your Engineer's slot, all markers stay on the trick.
In contrast tho the Manager's ability. Here, the stack counts as one more - when you move it away, you lose this bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Silver
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.