Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is definitely a lack of 'good' or at least 'neutral' teams in this game. To fill that void, I'd love it if FFG issued one more expansions that was a Lustria Conference and had the Lizardmen, Amazons, and Norse. Those three go together in the fluff and would provide players with a few more options on the order side of things.

Still, there are many other teams that are not represented. Halflings, High Elves, Ogres, Khemri, etc who don't seem to be able to fit into a unified three team conference...which seems to be the standard for BB:TM. So, what I think would be a great way to inject these teams into the game would be through a little PoD expansion like those ones for Space Hulk: Dark Angel. This little expansion would solely be a handful of star players that would represent these teams, but could play for some of the existing conferences. For example, Puggy Baconbreath (halflings) and Prince Moranian (high elves) could be shuffled into the OWA star player deck.

I know it's been awhile since FFG has done anything with BB:TM, but the game is great and feels just shy of being complete. I'd like to see them go the final few yards.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see more teams (more is always more!) but it seems like they only want to put out expansions when they have found some way to mess around with new rules, etc. For me, a Death Angel sized box with just cards (some chits if needed) for three new teams with star players would be excellent.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea! One more expansion with the new conference and instead of new rules provide new star players for all the conferences using these not represented teams. (I'm not interested in even more game playing options, seems I'm drowning in them as is.)

I think we could call the game 'done' at that point.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
H-Elves, Amazons and Lizzies would make a more fitting set than having Norse as one of the three, one of those four hangs around cold terrain, three prefer warmer climates, even if HElves don't really hit jungles of Lustria all that often, probably more than Norse. As a HElf fan, having them in the game would be awesome, sadly, not a fan of either Amazons or Lizzies in BB.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be ok with that conference line-up as well.

I say Norse because in the BB fluff, it was the Norse visiting Lustria, and the women rebelling, that spawned the Amazon. However, we could omit them and add the sea faring high elves with the Amazons and Lizards.

Regardless, there's enough 'good/neutral' teams to make one more conference...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I'd like to see them go the final few yards."

I see what you did there...

I hope some big wigs from FFG read these boards, because there are some good ideas on this thread.

I too, would like to see a full complement of BB teams. We're so close! And I too, would not really be all that interested in any additional rules. A little too many for me, but I can appreciate them from a "sandbox" approach to the game.

Ya know what I'd like to see? I mentioned it on another BB:TM thread;

Gimme some mini cards to swap out all of the tokens. God Damn, do I hate the finicky table clutter of all these tokens.

Also, sell me a mat. I want a game mat / pitch.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a BTW: my avatar picture was my winning entry for FFG's BB:TM contest. I was suppose to costume myself up and write some flavor text. I made a hobo dwarf outfit from paper bags and tape one evening, confused my wife, and won a copy of the game! Thanks again FFG!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Shanowitz
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to just see a small expansion of cards to balance out the existing teams. At least tone down the Undead, maybe buff the Dwarves, and make a few other adjustments across some teams.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
drewcula wrote:
Ya know what I'd like to see? I'm mentioned it on another BB:TM thread;

Gimme some mini cards to swap out all of the tokens. God Damn, do I hate the finicky table clutter of all these tokens.


I agree. Multitudes of unnecessary tokens/chits is generally my biggest knock on FFG designs. However, if they won't make cards, it seems like a relatively simple thing some industrious fan could draw up to PnP.

Got a bigger image of your avatar?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Hooligan wrote:
drewcula wrote:
Ya know what I'd like to see? I'm mentioned it on another BB:TM thread;

Gimme some mini cards to swap out all of the tokens. God Damn, do I hate the finicky table clutter of all these tokens.


I agree. Multitudes of unnecessary tokens/chits is generally my biggest knock on FFG designs. However, if they won't make cards, it seems like a relatively simple thing some industrious fan could draw up to PnP.

Got a bigger image of your avatar?


JW,
Here's a link to the FFG article. I think my dumb mug can be enlarged from there...

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2011/10/7/the-blo...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Iglesias
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm all in for new teams as Print on Demand expansions.
Halflings, Pro-Elves, Amazons, Lizardmen, Norse...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I wouldn't give up all hope. Two years between the base game (2011) and Sudden Death (2013), then Foul Play came a year later (2014). So, a gap of a year or two seems to be the norm for this line. Something for 2015 would be great though!

AW, since you're 'in' with FFG...how about pushing the right people to see that this happens?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SHAWN WHITE
United States
JANESVILLE
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Shut the fuck up
badge
Whatever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be up for teams, but no additional rules, as well.

There are already additions to the game that I feel are unnecessary and that I will likely not play with, but more teams and players would be very welcome...

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petteri Heino
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One of my favorite games.

The game don't probably need new mechanics anymore, but certainly the team expansion would be awesome!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petteri Heino
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
doodlezook wrote:
I'd be up for teams, but no additional rules, as well.

There are already additions to the game that I feel are unnecessary and that I will likely not play with, but more teams and players would be very welcome...



Stadiums and the referee feels little bit fiddly, but the new mechanics are actually quite good addition to the game play.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SHAWN WHITE
United States
JANESVILLE
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Shut the fuck up
badge
Whatever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Mutanto wrote:
doodlezook wrote:
I'd be up for teams, but no additional rules, as well.

There are already additions to the game that I feel are unnecessary and that I will likely not play with, but more teams and players would be very welcome...



Stadiums and the referee feels little bit fiddly, but the new mechanics are actually quite good addition to the game play.


Stadiums and Referees were precisely what I was referring to! GMTA. Of course, I haven't actually played with either, so...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Every Board Game I Reach Is Dead"
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
I'd like to get some more teams. Variation keeps this game very dynamic and sand-boxey as another user described it.

That being said, I also don't care much for the new rules introduced by Foul Play. We've tried everything a couple of times at least, and other then Fouling (anti-sprint is awesome!) I won't be intending to use the other rules- the corrupt ref, penalties and stadiums just add even more chaos, mess and fiddly bits, and I think this game has enough of that already!

Anything that continues to draw out its already long play time is also not great at this point, as the game already runs a bit long on average.

I don't think we need any nerfs though, and I've personally seen the expansion teams do just a badly as the vanilla ones, including Undead who've lost the last three games I've seen them involved in.

So more teams, less rules would be great. Although as long as they keep any new rules easy to separate from the other components I'm going to be pretty happy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Woodley
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I Plan, Dice laugh
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
doodlezook wrote:
El_Mutanto wrote:
doodlezook wrote:
I'd be up for teams, but no additional rules, as well.

There are already additions to the game that I feel are unnecessary and that I will likely not play with, but more teams and players would be very welcome...



Stadiums and the referee feels little bit fiddly, but the new mechanics are actually quite good addition to the game play.


Stadiums and Referees were precisely what I was referring to! GMTA. Of course, I haven't actually played with either, so...



Stadiums are OK, I'll use them some amount of the time but the ref is superfluous (it's Bloodbowl after all).

The stadiums can be game warping in the way that a particular combination has the possibility to hose one of the teams in the game.

+ 1 for more teams and no new mechanisms
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yesbryn wrote:

Stadiums are OK, I'll use them some amount of the time but the ref is superfluous (it's Bloodbowl after all).

The stadiums can be game warping in the way that a particular combination has the possibility to hose one of the teams in the game.

+ 1 for more teams and no new mechanisms


I've found the stadiums fun to use as long as I houserule that they change every week.

If you do that, then a team isn't hosed throughout the game, though a particular stadium may not be good for them on a given week.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Iglesias
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:

I've found the stadiums fun to use as long as I houserule that they change every week.
If you do that, then a team isn't hosed throughout the game, though a particular stadium may not be good for them on a given week.


Very nice house rule.

Its true that some stadiums can be a pain in the ass the whole game for certain teams. Moving them all weeks seems interesting.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shkar wrote:
hist wrote:

I've found the stadiums fun to use as long as I houserule that they change every week.
If you do that, then a team isn't hosed throughout the game, though a particular stadium may not be good for them on a given week.


Very nice house rule.

Its true that some stadiums can be a pain in the ass the whole game for certain teams. Moving them all weeks seems interesting.


Yeah, this was an immediate house rule for us when we read the rules. Our first game playing we cycled the stadiums and it works great. Don't like the idea of someone getting hosed over a random card draw, so now it's at least 'fair' in that sense.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edd Phipps
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mb
Hi everyone, I agree to more teams but limited extra rule changes. I've often thought that a campaign system for a team from one season to another would be a nice addition to this great game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Ito
msg tools
Hope they start making print of demand team packs!

Buy Lizardmen team for 15 dollars, comes with lizard men roster and start players that can be mixed with either star player stack!

Or just make an expansion with a League that includes them!

Im fully in for this, is there anyway for us to vote with our wallets to make this happen?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Pethybridge
Australia
flag msg tools
They could always increase the union sizes to 4 adding H Elves to OWA, Lizzie's to CWC and so on..... This way it's only a booster release not a box set. May be cheaper to produce that way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.