Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick idea concerning those additional small tokens (instead of throwing them away):

How about making it possible (for $$$$$$$$$) for a regional manager to buy up beverage vendors (covering them with the small tiles). They would then deliver exclusively to their company and the company could choose what kind of beverage they produce (1 type of beverage per turn)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris Wiersinga
Netherlands
Leiden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Benji68 wrote:
Just a quick idea concerning those additional small tokens (instead of throwing them away):

How about making it possible (for $$$$$$$$$) for a regional manager to buy up beverage vendors (covering them with the small tiles). They would then deliver exclusively to their company and the company could choose what kind of beverage they produce (1 type of beverage per turn)... ;)

We considered such a mechanism during playtest but it can turn *very* nasty... However, if the price is right, maybe a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joriswiersinga wrote:
Benji68 wrote:

How about making it possible (for $$$$$$$$$) for a regional manager to buy up beverage vendors (covering them with the small tiles). They would then deliver exclusively to their company and the company could choose what kind of beverage they produce (1 type of beverage per turn)...

We considered such a mechanism during playtest but it can turn *very* nasty...

That's what i was hoping for
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!

So how, by bidding (if you have the right employee) or as a milestone fx.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfischer wrote:
Nice!

So how, by bidding (if you have the right employee) or as a milestone fx.?

No idea (yet)! I haven't even received the game and hope to play it many times before starting to "mess" with the system. I was just trying to save people from throwing stuff away too early that they would be sorry for later

The way i see it (remember: without actual game experience and just from studying the rules), it would probably have to be an action possible through the regional manager (or higher), and it should probably be limited to be used once, maybe twice in the game (but still... Keep those other tokens ). The price would have to be rather high, not sure if the money spent through it should go back to the bank or be removed from the game (prolonging the game even further might make the action too strong. Also, the effect of removing money from the system might be interesting). Something like that. Maybe.

Again, I'm just thinking out loud here... For now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have kept the tokens!

I won't house rule anything until way way into playing the game properly, but I think it's an intriguing idea that has legs, so thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking they could be placed on the map as drive through only restaurant kiosks that could fit into tiny little spaces that regular restaurants couldn't. They would always have drive-throughs without local/regional manager and are placed like any other restaurant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.