Popular Tags: [View All]
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before Essen I heard about a korean game that looked interesting. I thought the theme looked good. I liked the colours and the island. So I put it on my Essen-"want to try"-list. And in Essen I also found the game, and did sit down at a demo table to play it.

The aim in the game is to collect cards with point on them. The cards can also have some special abilities, like always give you a special symbol to use thru the game, or that you can get to move the grandfather.

Then it is your turn. You can move the any of the stucks on the board, that can contain your(s), your opponent(s), and/or neutral (black) markers. You move them left or right in mancala style. After that, all players having there colour in top of any stack can pick a tile from that part of the island. And if your colour at the same spot as the grandfather, you can move him to any spot and collect another tile.

Then a player can buy a card by giving in tiles collected and/or use special abilities. The player with the most points on there cards at the end of the game is the winner.

I liked the game. They have uses the mancala mechanic in a good way. And also nice to plan so you can use the grandfather as much as possible, and your opponent don't. There is also a little bit of strategy to get card with smaller amount of points but with a good special ability. I see it as a good filler. It sold out at Essen 2015.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.