Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Major Featherstonhaugh
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else out there like me, with a big pile of almost all the expansions all boxed away that never sees the light of day because Vassal is so much more convenient, and affords more opportunities to play online?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ship them to the mainland, I will give you my address
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
I will grant asylum to the Air Pack. Just drop me a line. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C.
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno, I still find it worth the effort to haul everything out and spend some time with my son or a bud and chucking dice, moving little men through hedgerows, shouting out "Ambush!" - and the like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
Paulus001 wrote:
Anyone else out there like me, with a big pile of almost all the expansions all boxed away that never sees the light of day because Vassal is so much more convenient, and affords more opportunities to play online?

Except it is DOW Online in my case. There are just to few F2F OpFor in my region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am fortunate to have a F2F opponent, but I get far more play using vassal. I only play Overlord and OverThrough scenarios, so M44 online is no use to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Heckman
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate and enjoy the online versions, but it's always more satisfying to get it on a table and roll them bones!

- Charlie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paulus001 wrote:

I'd rather play solo than Vassal/DoW Online, so not me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
DoW online is good, but I won't play pay-to-play games. For me, it's much more fun to play the physical game F2F. Unfortunately, because my wife is not fond of M44 and I almost never play 2-player games with my game group, it means most of my M44 time is solo, but I have no interest in playing online against people I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good part of the enjoyment I get out of Memoir '44 is playing with plastic soldiers. Can't do that on Vassal. Besides, if I play an online game, I'd rather it be something unique to electronic venue (e.g., Shennadoah Studio offerings) or a first person shooter like Call Of Duty - much more bloodshed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play Memor 44,Tide of Iron, and Axis and Allies:1942!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would much rather play on the table (which is why I've only played 9 games online). Even if I play solo, I want to roll dice with my hands and move those miniatures.
(I know, old fashioned! shake

"And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rongammer wrote:
Even if I play solo, I want to roll dice with my hands and move those miniatures.
(I know, old fashioned! shake

Is there a microbadge for us ol' timers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. If playing on a computer, it is Total War, Scourge of War, World of Warships, etc.

Memoir '44 and the like are for playing face to face (which I much prefer over the computer, anyhow).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NimitsTexan wrote:
Same here. If playing on a computer, it is Total War, Scourge of War, World of Warships, etc.

Memoir '44 and the like are for playing face to face (which I much prefer over the computer, anyhow).

That's all well and good if you have regular F2F options. I have had a LOAD of fun playing Overlord format games on vassal pbem. I just wish I could get my fully painted M44 stuff to the table more often. I prefer competitive play on vassal to solo play with minis, even though I have done it sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James K
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing face to face is how I want to do it, but rarely have opponents. Vassal for me was first used for star wars miniatures. Haven't really used it since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are plenty of us who don't wish to play on Vassal. I'll take any Memoir '44 items you no longer wish to keep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Idiot
Scotland
Manhattan
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

How could you not love this? I'm lucky in that I have a number of people local who I can play against. So much so we've managed to do the full D-Day Landings scenario twice. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Montgomery
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
I love Husky boxes for games. My Mage Knight and my Descent games are in them and they work so good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.