Subject: Impressed by the little things (no spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Really impressed by the thought that went into a couple of things. The main decks of cards are in regular plastic wrap, but the Legacy deck is in a re-sealable pouch, making it much less likely you'll accidentally throw it over the floor when opening, and giving something to store it in if you keep your games vertically.

And the boxes of hidden stuff are removable. Why? I don't know for sure, but I do know that everyone who has seen that has taken at least one out and shook it, like an eager kid on Christmas Eve!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K L
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

Yup, did the box shaking but also added the squealing with glee part too.

That and checking under all the boxes and the insert to make sure we hadn't missed anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Klazybee wrote:
That and checking under all the boxes and the insert to make sure we hadn't missed anything.

SPOILER
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Did you notice that the game box has a very thin false bottom?

NON-SPOILER
Okay, I'm just kidding, but I couldn't resist. Actually, a game box or component with a false bottom would be fantastic for a legacy version of a spy themed game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Kerrin2 wrote:
Klazybee wrote:

SPOILER
Did you notice that the game box has a very thin false bottom?

NON-SPOILER
Okay, I'm just kidding, but I couldn't resist. Actually, a game box or component with a false bottom would be fantastic for a legacy version of a spy themed game!

Yours doesn't have the false bottom? Did you get Red or Blue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Klazybee wrote:

Pure speculation, but I'm betting this game's "Do Not Open. Ever" is a window on the "advent calendar" that the rules never tell you to open...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon George
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:

Pure speculation, but I'm betting this game's "Do Not Open. Ever" is a window on the "advent calendar" that the rules never tell you to open...

My group speculated that same thing, but that would probably end up being pretty unexciting because you'd get to the end before having any idea which window that might be. Then unless it does something that makes you play more, like add a 13th month, there can't be much of interest there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salty Skwib
United States
San Miguel
California
flag msg tools
badge
Should I eat the Cuttlefish and Asparagus or the Vanilla Paste?
mbmbmbmbmb
The separate boxes might be for cutting production expenses. I think producing separate boxes is cheaper to produce than one large segmented box, at least in terms of printer assembly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
Yours doesn't have the false bottom? Did you get Red or Blue?

For some reason a distinctly purple box arrived on my doorstep. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G
msg tools
mbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
Really impressed by the thought that went into a couple of things. The main decks of cards are in regular plastic wrap, but the Legacy deck is in a re-sealable pouch, making it much less likely you'll accidentally throw it over the floor when opening, and giving something to store it in if you keep your games vertically.

Yes, in fact I discovered that the legacy deck doesn't travel well without that. No real harm done, but it scared me a little to open the box and see a few loose legacy cards after taking it home from our game night. Fortunately I hadn't thrown the wrap out, and now it will travel safely inside the plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife LOVES Advent calendars, so the eight boxes with secret contents made her eyes go wide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.