Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm wondering just how useful you've found having +1 active jobs is?

I'd almost rather have +1 jobs in my inactive hand perhaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Hanson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not played with Kalidasa yet, so I can't speak to the extra active job bonus. However, granting an extra inactive job is part of the bonus you get for being solid with Mr. Universe from the Blue Sun expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's funny because my shipment of Blue Sun just came in.. like 2 minutes ago.. at my front door.

Ok, so now I know!

(PS: I love UPS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to acquiring Kalidasa. I'm also wondering to how often that +1 active job bonus will come in handy. Only times I've found myself wishing I had more active job slots are when I'm going heavy shipping/transport/smuggling. And those aren't games I win...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think there is some value in being able to juggle 4 Active Jobs at once, but I think the more likely benefit is less having a large number of jobs and more about not worrying about a job you've trashed.

Consider Higgins' "Mudder grabs" - You load 4 Passengers, but a) there's a bonus delivery option for 2 Cargo, and b) Higgins will pay $300 for EVERY Passenger or Fugitive you deliver. You can grab a Job from almost any Contact for 2 Cargo, and if you're not Solid with Amnon Duul, starting one of his Transport Jobs is a good way to get extra folk to sell to Higgins.

With Higgins' bonus, you don't have to worry about the job that you can no longer complete. Similarly, if you're solid with Higgins and someone who will buy Cargo/Contraband, you can start a job with maybe 4 Goods, sell them off, and not worry about the job you'll be carrying for the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm agreeing now that I have both Kalidasa and Blue Sun (and Pirates). There's a whole lot more 'Verse out there now, and a lot more jobs to be had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rhys
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It could also be handy for Reputation Grab Story cards, if you're able to get it early and then have all four for different Contacts, or as mentioned above have some redundancy .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
With Higgins' bonus, you don't have to worry about the job that you can no longer complete. Similarly, if you're solid with Higgins and someone who will buy Cargo/Contraband, you can start a job with maybe 4 Goods, sell them off, and not worry about the job you'll be carrying for the rest of the game.

And if you happen to come across an opportunity to pick up some cargo/contraband during your last Fly action where "Full Stop" makes no odds...

DaveR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.