Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Most Balanced Scenarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Which scenarios seem to strike the best balance between luck and skill, between tactical and strategic challenge, between difficulty and fairness? I started a thread here a while back about the cannibal scenario, and the consensus seemed to be that it required some significant strokes of luck, particularly if you have a full compliment of four players.

On the other hand, the first scenario is considered pretty straightforward since the major concern is just getting a roof over your head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, scenarios #3, #4, #6, Livingstone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Urbanek
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Not sure about most, but will say that #2 would NOT qualify for this. Heck, just did a 3-person run yesterday that ended before a single round happened. Two plains came out and were almost immediately fogged, making the bell impossible to build, making the fog unclearable. The final plains had a tiki on it, meaning it would come out with fog already on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
AMUSIX wrote:
Not sure about most, but will say that #2 would NOT qualify for this. Heck, just did a 3-person run yesterday that ended before a single round happened. Two plains came out and were almost immediately fogged, making the bell impossible to build, making the fog unclearable. The final plains had a tiki on it, meaning it would come out with fog already on it.

It sounds like you (as many others before you have also done) missed the rule that allows you to place fog on island spaces that you have not yet explored. This seemingly simple change takes the scenario from nearly impossible with bad card draw to one of the easiest in the bunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AMUSIX wrote:
Two plains came out and were almost immediately fogged, making the bell impossible to build, making the fog unclearable.
The cake bell is a lie!

The scenario becomes a lot easier if you concentrate on your main objective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dylan benton
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhaelen wrote:
AMUSIX wrote:
Two plains came out and were almost immediately fogged, making the bell impossible to build, making the fog unclearable.
The cake bell is a lie!

The scenario becomes a lot easier if you concentrate on your main objective.

This is true. If anything #2 is unbalanced leaning toward the easy side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.