Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Start of March rules question **spoiler** rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Heerema
Canada
Hanover
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so the game has introduced the paramilitary and the concept of military bases but not provided any chits to mark where we've constructed them?

I've tried to double check that we opened everything we should have...
Suggestions?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the folio where you removed a card or sticker. It will tell you to open a particular box.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milena Guberinic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mina's Fresh Cardboard
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
divine_justice wrote:
Ok, so the game has introduced the paramilitary and the concept of military bases but not provided any chits to mark where we've constructed them?

I've tried to double check that we opened everything we should have...
Suggestions?


The military bases are the green buildings in box 2. Did you open box 2?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Read back through the Legacy cards. I'm pretty sure you open one of the black boxes. #2 maybe?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
At the start of March there the Legacy card tells you to open door "X". Behind that door it says to open package 2 (on the background, not on the sticker itself).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John K
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Here's what you should have received in March.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Heerema
Canada
Hanover
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Somehow missed opening box 2. Thanks everyone.
P.S. I FREAKING LOVE THIS GAME!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Tadley
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jnk604 wrote:
Here's what you should have received in March.


C'mon man!

The Operations Expert is black so you called him Samuel L Jackson, you can do better! *sigh* At least you didn't call him Lawrence Fishbourne by mistake!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Fritz
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
divine_justice wrote:
Somehow missed opening box 2. Thanks everyone.
P.S. I FREAKING LOVE THIS GAME!!


I did the exact same thing. It's easy to miss the sticker behind the door if you aren't looking at it when you pull off the door. Lesson learned.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cable
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SecretSauce wrote:
divine_justice wrote:
Somehow missed opening box 2. Thanks everyone.
P.S. I FREAKING LOVE THIS GAME!!


I did the exact same thing. It's easy to miss the sticker behind the door if you aren't looking at it when you pull off the door. Lesson learned.


Read twice... cut once... or something like that.whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Riki39561 wrote:

The Operations Expert is black so you called him Samuel L Jackson, you can do better!


Or they just like Samuel L. Jackson?

Jump to conclusions, much?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason M
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Earlier tonight, we reached March and found the wording of the March legacy card itself quite confusing, and almost didn't open any of the military-related stuff. We eventually determined that we should just open the three items listed on the card, but we weren't sure, because the text says something like "from this point on, whenever you see these circles, open and resolve each one at a time."

The fact that the card didn't just say "open these in order" like previous cards, really threw us for a loop. We didn't know if maybe we were going to see an X, 43 and 5 elsewhere as we played through March (even took another look through the player and infection cards to see if we just hadn't noticed them earlier), and then open them as we discovered them, or if we should open all three immediately upon starting March. I don't know why the text had to be different, since we'd already been opening any doors/boxes in that manner. It's even in red, so you take note of it. We were really in the zone until we got to that point, and then it just stopped everything.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it just says it that way so they don't need to print that text on every card from that point on in the game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
United States
Morton Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
We named our guy Reggie S. Jackson. He looked like a Reggie, but another player thought he looked liked Samuel L. Jackson, so we made his middle initial S for Samuel.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Miller
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe they named a disease snakes on a plane?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zerothefool wrote:
reached March and found the wording of the March legacy card itself quite confusing


Couldn't agree more, very poorly written, we were baffled. Once we checked every single thing so far, we risked opening circle X since we could not find it anywhere else and could not complete the military base objective without it. What a headache.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
flag msg tools
Sort of follow up question about military bases, but just to be sure it's for a game in August.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
We are about to begin a game with a military base already in each region, thanks both to the July win bonus and having lost our early August game. Will that objective just be considered complete as soon as we begin?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaya John
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Kikizosan wrote:
Sort of follow up question about military bases, but just to be sure it's for a game in August.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
We are about to begin a game with a military base already in each region, thanks both to the July win bonus and having lost our early August game. Will that objective just be considered complete as soon as we begin?


Spoiler (click to reveal)
That's how we played it, objective achieved upon starting the month.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayajohn wrote:
Kikizosan wrote:
Sort of follow up question about military bases, but just to be sure it's for a game in August.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
We are about to begin a game with a military base already in each region, thanks both to the July win bonus and having lost our early August game. Will that objective just be considered complete as soon as we begin?


Spoiler (click to reveal)
That's how we played it, objective achieved upon starting the month.


That's correct, but note that:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
If something destroys one of your bases (for example, choosing to build additional bases for immediate utility when you already have all 8 built) so you no longer have bases in all 6 regions, the objective is no longer complete - you need to have the required number of objectives complete at the same time in order to win, not just have completed them at some point in the past.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Gisinger
msg tools
Thanks for this. My copy of the dossier for X did not have anything printed on it
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.