Popular Tags: [View All]
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all.
Growing to love this game but wanted clarification on building damage.
Rules state if a building is hit roll 4+ on each destruction dice for damage etc but how exactly does a building get hit.
If a building is shot at is it auto hit? Or do I roll for it and if so what gun modifier do I use? And what defence do I need to beat.
I'm confused as buildings are not infantry or heavy or light armor.
I assume you auto hit. Am I right?
Also do grenades damage buildings? I'm guessing not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at page 14 of this: https://boardgamegeek.com/file/download/qu3z2z6ijq/HoN_Unoff...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for that all sound logical.
So a building can be shot at you just roll destruction dice?.
And if you shoot at a target in the building you get the hit plus possible building damage.
Makes the tanks pretty hair raising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokerman wrote:
Rules state if a building is hit roll 4+ on each destruction dice for damage etc but how exactly does a building get hit.
If a building is shot at is it auto hit? Or do I roll for it and if so what gun modifier do I use? And what defence do I need to beat.
I'm confused as buildings are not infantry or heavy or light armor.
I assume you auto hit. Am I right?

Some of this is detailed under buildings:
On p. 12 of v1.2b of the HoN rulebook, DPG wrote:
A unit with a blast pattern cannot directly target an intersection inside a building. A blast pattern that explodes outside a building can affect the building, but not the units inside directly.

This is reinforced by the rules for Howitzer (direct-fire templates) and Indirect Fire as well:
On p. 17 of v1.2b of the HoN rulebook, DPG wrote:
You cannot fire into a building.
Units and structures present in the blast pattern, even partially, are affected by the shot.

There is also Destruction:
On p. 17 of v1.2b of the HoN rulebook, DPG wrote:
Every time [a unit with the Destruction ability] fires at a structure directly or at a unit within the structure they roll a number of dice equal to the value indicated in the symbol.

Note: That does not say "hits" just "fires at" Thus it is an auto-hit. Apparently tank gunners can hit the broad side of a barn

Jokerman wrote:
Also do grenades damage buildings? I'm guessing not.

That one is easy: A grenade does not grant you a Destruction ability, so therefore it cannot damage a building.

[Edit to fix last quote]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.